• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cloth diapers

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:34 AM
  • 7 Replies
No one is gonna notice my reply on that dang'd thing! Lol

"Idk if this has been said but what do u guys do when you're out and about. Do you keep the (used) diaper with you til u get home and wash it?"

This is kinda paraphrasing what I wrote. I'm just really curious now. Also what do u do on roadtrips? Vacations? Does this mean u wash every single day? Doesn't it smell more? Sorry if this was said in the other post but its too long to read it all
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MaNdYbEaR2010
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I have a very large wetbag. I keep the dirty diapers inside, and really I don't smell it until I open it. And I only open it during diaper changes and to wash. Depending on the size of my wetbag depends on how often I wash. My wetbag is not as large as my dry pail, so I have to wash more often unless I have two wetbags. But I also have two in cloth. But yeah, I keep the used diaper in a zippered up wetbag. Lol.

Jess0915
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:38 AM
I've gotten to the point where I use sposies when we're out and about now. I have two in diapers, so lugging around stinky dipes in the bag just doesn't work for us. As far as road trips go, I cheat there too. I generally do sposies because I don't want to have to worry about not having time or resources to wash them right away and I spend too much on cloth to have them ruined because I can't wash them properly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cillaluvsmali
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:40 AM
Cool, one mom actually replied to the original cloth diaper post already with a picture of a wet bag. I had no idea those even existed!

Ppl should be more opened minded about those types of things, sahm moms should try cloth at least a few times if it doesn't work for them oh well at least they tried

Quoting MaNdYbEaR2010:

I have a very large wetbag. I keep the dirty diapers inside, and really I don't smell it until I open it. And I only open it during diaper changes and to wash. Depending on the size of my wetbag depends on how often I wash. My wetbag is not as large as my dry pail, so I have to wash more often unless I have two wetbags. But I also have two in cloth. But yeah, I keep the used diaper in a zippered up wetbag. Lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Moogie1005
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Yes I do.  For daily trips, I use the plastic grocery bags to hold the messy diapers until I get them home.  On a road trip, I line a 5 gal bucket with a trash bag and keep it in the back of my truck.  When I get where I am going, I will wash as needed.  It really isn't that hard to do.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Mommavieve
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:42 AM
I just use a grocery bag.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cillaluvsmali
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:42 AM
That's what I was thinking. I mean ppl don't go on vacations THAT often ya know

Quoting Jess0915:

I've gotten to the point where I use sposies when we're out and about now. I have two in diapers, so lugging around stinky dipes in the bag just doesn't work for us. As far as road trips go, I cheat there too. I generally do sposies because I don't want to have to worry about not having time or resources to wash them right away and I spend too much on cloth to have them ruined because I can't wash them properly.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jess0915
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep, it's like once a year for us. I'm mostly at home, so really church and grocery store trips are all I do, lol.

Quoting cillaluvsmali:

That's what I was thinking. I mean ppl don't go on vacations THAT often ya know

Quoting Jess0915:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)