Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can fit in a size 4 pair of jeans.................... but I'm still overweight!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

According to this chart I am 8 pounds overweight

http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/met.htm

So I guess in order to be a normal weight I need to be a size 2?

Thoughts?

I'm 5'2 and 129, my heighest weight was 180ish.  Well 200 if you count when I was pg.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kirs181
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this
IMO as long as your happy and comfortable with the way you look and feel then your fine!!!!:) plus I'm pretty sure your bmi falls within the normal range. Doesn't sound like your overweight to me!!!:) I would be ecstatic to be a size 4 or even 6 or 8 lol!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jennifer_57
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:19 PM
I must be underweight considering I weigh 104 at 5'3 and it only starts at 111lbs for my heighth? Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mweddle
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Me too.  I'm 5'2" in a size 4 and 130.  Thats depressing.  But our BMI's are in the healthy range...  Last time I went to the doctor he said "you are disgustingly healthy."  So I think I am ok...although I am trying to lose a few more pounds. 

rachelandharper
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:21 PM
I'm 5 2 too, and I found this site where they say anything from 120-140 is fine for anyone who's 5 2
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SevysMomma
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Well if you go by BMI - you are well within the normal/healthy range, not overweight at all.

mom-x-2
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:23 PM
This chart sucks lol. I am the thinnest I have ever been in my life and according to this chart the only way my weight is healthy is if I have a large frame, which I kind of do but I just want to be "normal" not normal for a big girl lol
ABMommyto2
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Thoughts - Those charts are ridiculous.  If you are happy, then baby, that is all that matters! 

mantyangel
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Are you sure you aren't a medium frame then?  I would be in the same boat as you but I consider myself more of a medium frame so in the range I should be.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Those charts and sites are getting ridiculous. Seriously. Just like how the new minimum size requirement for a PLUS SIZED model is now a size 6. That's insane. Do not go by some stupid chart on the internet. Please. They are trying to mess with our heads, but what they're really doing is creating more eating disorders and destroying people's self esteem.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:39 PM
I work in fashion. A size 6 is now considered plus size bc of vanity sizing. Of course a true size 6 is equvilent to todays size 4. That definately isnt plus size. People are bigger,so most stores vanity size and to make them feel bettwer that take size 8 and 10 and label them as 6,when in reality that is not the case
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)