Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever been in a abusive relationship?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies

How long did it take you to leave?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:37 PM
Yes I was in an abusive relationship it took me 2 yrs to leave him and a restraining order to do so :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:38 PM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:38 PM

It took me 6 and a half years and moving across the country. I know how hard it is.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes I was in an abusive relationship it took me 2 yrs to leave him and a restraining order to do so :(

kustomkidz
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:38 PM
Yes. 4 1/2 years before I left. Sadly it took him throwing my 8 month old on the concrete for me to leave.. I thank God everyday that she is ok despite.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NewDawnFades
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:39 PM
Yes. 7 1/2 years. Too long.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ARmomOf3
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:39 PM

yes. 7 months only because authorities and cps and my parents stepped in to help me. thats also the relationship my 2nd child came from

CabinMommyNH
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:40 PM
Yes, 4 years. It wasn't technically physical abuse but it was very verbally and emotionally abusive. His pet name for me was "retard".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:41 PM

I'm still here.

charliebean
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:41 PM
Waaaaaaaaay too long. About 5 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Yes. My first marriage was terribly abusive. In fact I discovered I was pregnant with my 2nd child while in a battered womenys shelter.

I left and went back to him many times. I was very young and I believed him when he said he was sorry and he would change.

However the day he hit me in front of my then 3 yr old daughter, I left him for good.

With the help of the support group from the battered women's shelter, I learned that abusive men almost never change and that I was going to be ok on my own with two kids. I still loved him, but I came to understand that sometimes love isn't enough.

In the 20 years since, he has abused numerous girlfriends and another wife.  He abandoned our two kids after I left him. I tried giving him visitation but he refused it. Oh well his loss.

He is now a sad, lonely middle aged man and I have moved on to a better marriage, more kids and am for the most part, happy with my life

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)