Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fishy??

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:39 PM
  • 7 Replies

My kids dad went to rehab. He had a day pass Sunday for the day. Well last night I got a message from someone who said they saw him at WalMart here in town with his gf....the rehab he is supposed to be in is not in this town. He was supposed to see the kids Sunday but failed to show up and called five hours after he was supposed to be here and said he couldnt make it because he had gotten into an argument with his gf. Well when I heard he was seen at WMart I texted his gf and asked was he at rehab or home. She called and said yes he was at rehab and doing well. She said shes had some health issues going on and he got an extended pass so he could go to the dr with her on Monday and after her appt they went to WalMart to get her prescription and some things. She said after that she took him back to the rehab. He has also been posting stuff on fb..about the superbowl and such. He did not even try to talk to the older child (16)..when he could have called him and explained to him why he did not show up to see them. He can send messages to his friends on fb but not his son. Im really starting to think him being in a rehab is bullshit and that he honestly does not care one thing about these kids. Oh and he has had his cell phone the whole time he has allegedly been in rehab but can only text on his phone. His gf said they have given him special privileges due to his history and the damage that the drugs he has taken has caused him. I think it all sounds fishy. What are your thoughts? Is there a way to find out the truth?

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
aquamom22
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:42 PM
4 moms liked this
Web of lies & who has time to untangle them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hp2011
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:43 PM

I always thought that in Rehab, they eliminate most ways to contact people to get rid of the pressure to do drugs and relapse and associate with people who are negative...

"If you cannot accept me at my worst, you do not deserve me at my best."- Marilyn Monroe

If being a stubborn, opinionated, educated, headstrong, beautiful woman makes me a b!tch, so be it.

beerebelly
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:44 PM

You are dealing with a drug addict. His behavior is going to be erratic.

angie729
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Quoting hp2011:

I always thought that in Rehab, they eliminate most ways to contact people to get rid of the pressure to do drugs and relapse and associate with people who are negative...

When we wer married he went to rehab 5 times...he was never allowed a cell phone...phone calls home were very limited. Thats why I find it funny that he has use of a cell phone to be on fb and text people.

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:52 PM

yeah, smells like bullshit to me!

Quoting angie729:

Quoting hp2011:

When we wer married he went to rehab 5 times...he was never allowed a cell phone...phone calls home were very limited. Thats why I find it funny that he has use of a cell phone to be on fb and text people.

"If you cannot accept me at my worst, you do not deserve me at my best."- Marilyn Monroe

If being a stubborn, opinionated, educated, headstrong, beautiful woman makes me a b!tch, so be it.

wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Sounds like a load of BS to me.

From what I know of rehabs, from ppl who have been in them, you are NOT allowed to have a cell phone, and sometimes even calls are limited.

Also I seriously down he wouold have any sort of internet access.

And the getting extended passes and special treatment also sound bogus.

Makynzies_Mommy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:56 PM
Sounds fishy to me! As pp said most rehabs do not allow cell phones.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)