Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I need to eat more fiber-TMI

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

Every month or so I get these horrible spells of diarrhea. I get these abdominal cramps that hurt like contractions at 5 centimeters... on a scale of 1-10, it's an 8. They happen on and off for about an hour and the whole time I'm on the toilet. I poop every day at least once, maybe twice, so I don't know how I can have that much poop in me. Does anyone else have this happen?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:44 PM
Sounds like you have TOO MUCH fiber in your diet. Eat more bananas and cheese.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Really? I barely eat anything. I eat one meal a day and I eat healthy snacks during the day.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds like you have TOO MUCH fiber in your diet. Eat more bananas and cheese.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:05 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Well, I am pregnant and SUPER constipated and my dr has me taking Metamucil, which is fiber. Fiber is what makes your bowels move. If you eat a lot of fruit, especially apples, then you're getting a lot of fiber. Bananas and dairy will help with loose poo.
RhondaVeggie
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:10 PM
Is it around the time of your period? When I was a teen I always knew mine was coming because I'd get diarrhea a day or two before.
river.red
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:16 PM
Maybe you should do some research on digestive disorders. My husband has colitis. He uses the bathroom 2-4 times a day and has bad intestinal pain when left untreated. Its a good idea to get it checked out if your having severe abdominal pain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prettygirl326
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:16 PM

ibs maybe?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:38 PM

No, all the times I can remember having it I was pregnant. I had a baby a month ago and it's still going on.

Quoting RhondaVeggie:

Is it around the time of your period? When I was a teen I always knew mine was coming because I'd get diarrhea a day or two before.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)