Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so close to calling it quits!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
My husband has no patience with our son. It drives me up a wall. Im the one that has to keep my son happy so he doesn't flip out. Our 18 month old son HATES his carseat, he always has. Well we drove somewhere like 40 minutes away & on our way home now, its almost 1 and he won't sleep in the car so he's cranky, and teething. My dh is screaming at our son to shut up....I want to just punch him! I can handle our son screaming, bc nothing calls him down...but I can't deal with our son screaming and him screaming at our son. I'm about to pack our sh*t, take half our tax money and leave! I'm so sick of this!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angi07
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:48 PM
How could you be with someone like that? He's a baby
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:49 PM
He always told me how much he loves kids and couldn't wait to have some. He needs anger management and idk how to get him to go.

Quoting angi07:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherrywaves21
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:49 PM
I would never put up with that. Have you tried taking him to parenting classes? If you leave him though you will have to leave your son alone with him for visits. Which is a huge down side. I hope everything works out for you and your family:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:51 PM
I found some flyers for classes that offer free daycare recently so I'm going to look into that. If I leave I'm flying across country and he won't have time for visitation.

Quoting cherrywaves21:

I would never put up with that. Have you tried taking him to parenting classes? If you leave him though you will have to leave your son alone with him for visits. Which is a huge down side. I hope everything works out for you and your family:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReadWriteLuv
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:51 PM
Make him leave the house and calm down. What did he think he'd accomplish by screaming at an 18 month old? You can't reason with them, they don't understand, it's only going to make him scream more. Your DH is a moron.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
young_lv_mom
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Ask him how yelling at the kid is going to shut up the kid, just nicer wording lol, I did this with my husband when we were in a good mood and it clicked with him. He now points out to other people that yelling at a crying child will do nothing but make them cry more.
ReadWriteLuv
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Saying you love kids, before you have them, and then actually having kids are two totally different ball games.

Quoting Anonymous:

He always told me how much he loves kids and couldn't wait to have some. He needs anger management and idk how to get him to go.

Quoting angi07:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherrywaves21
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:53 PM
Sounds like a good plan to me:). I do hope whatever you chose works out for you!

Quoting Anonymous:

I found some flyers for classes that offer free daycare recently so I'm going to look into that. If I leave I'm flying across country and he won't have time for visitation.

Quoting cherrywaves21:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KRISTAL_WILDER
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Buy one of those tvs that attach to the seat. Its made trips so much better for us. Is this just in the car or is he always reacting like that to the baby?

sandy1022
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:55 PM
2 moms liked this

and i think you should.. before it escalates into physical violence. If your Dh wants to work things out tell him you will come home AFTER he completes a parenting AND Anger Management class.

We all lose our temper from time to time but screaming at a baby to shut up, is silly and unproductive and scary for the baby. How does your DH handle the baby when your not around?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)