• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i worked for hospice ..ask away

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:48 PM
  • 6 Replies

the other night there was a post about how  a lady thought hospice was like murder 

i worked for hospice for 6 years  so i thought i would post this in case anyone had questions about  how things work 

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:51 PM

No questions, just a thank you.

Thanks to a hospice worker, my mother was able to remain in her home and she passed away with her daughters by her side and the smell of home cooking wafting thru the house.  Oh and she was thankfully out of pain (she had terminal lung cancer)

Someday when my kids are older, and I have more time, I plan to work for or volunteer for hospice

Momo77
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:51 PM
No questions here we have had home hospice 3 times for my sister, my dad and mom. I think anyone that works for hospice are angels so thank you!
mom2b116
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:56 PM

so happy that the program was there to help when you needed it 

Sunshine257
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Do you ever get attached to your patients? I couldn't do it because I would get attached.

Momo77
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:04 PM
The troll that made that post I really hope she never has to hold he loved ones hand and tell them it's okay for them to die and see them in pain and hold them because they are dying. I've done this 3 times with my family with hospice and I'm so glad they were all at home and could feel the love and laughter with all of us around them.
mom2b116
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:49 PM

i do get attached but in a different way .. ill see if i can make sense . like if it were your mom  you've had how ever many years to know them as a healthy person and to form a bond . when i go in i know whats going on and what is going to happen so yes i can form a friendship , but it will never be like the one you have .

Quoting Sunshine257:

Do you ever get attached to your patients? I couldn't do it because I would get attached.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)