• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am really worried

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

My husband works full time and I am disabled. I just got a letter a couple days ago saying they were cutting of my medicaid because my husband makes too much. He makes 9 dollars an hour.

I don't know what to do. I need that medicaid. Private insurence that we can afford would not cover the medications I need, the treatments I need and we cannot offord to pay off a huge deductable before the insurence kicks in or out of pocket for medications and wait to be re-imbursed.

The medications I take cost over 1000 dollars a month.

I do get medicare, but medicare does not cover the medications I need and it will not cover all the services I need and what it does cover it only pays 45% of what they allow, meaning if the service is 200 dollars and they only allow 100 dollars for that service, they only pay 45 dollars for the service and I have to pay 155. We cannot afford that :(

I don't know what to do.  If I go without medication, I will become ill and will probably need to be hospitalized which I cannot afford with no insurence.

I am seriously scared. I am worried my life will spiral out of control.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the goverment owes me anything, but what am I gonna do? I can't work as it is now and if I am unmedicated I certinally cannot even try.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Lostinindy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:57 PM
Start looking for other programs. There is a lot of them out there. Drug companies offer discounts. Talk to your doctor. Also check with the Local hospitals to see what programs they may have.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angie729
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:58 PM

What about the medicare supplement plans? I know some of them pay for different meds and such. I dont know that much about it all but maybe talk with someone that deals with thos plans and they can find one that suits your needs.

Makynzies_Mommy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:01 PM
I received a similar letter about my daughters Medicaid. Call your case worker, you can appeal it. I called and appealed it and got her Medicaid back...we pay a monthly premium. If you have any other questions feel free to pm me. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mychele
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:03 PM
Yes this.

Quoting Makynzies_Mommy:

I received a similar letter about my daughters Medicaid. Call your case worker, you can appeal it. I called and appealed it and got her Medicaid back...we pay a monthly premium. If you have any other questions feel free to pm me. Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Quoting Makynzies_Mommy:

Even if you make over the amount, you may still be able to keep it? That is good news! Thank you! I wouldn't be opposed to paying a small amount monthly to have it at all. The insurence through Dh's work that I can get on is outrageous. I think it is close to 150 dollars to add me to it and it doesn't cover anything I need and has a deductable of 3000 dollars. We simply cannot do that.

Makynzies_Mommy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:38 PM
My dhs work wanted close to $300 to put me and dd on there....we cannot afford it. I don't have insurance but luckily we were able to keep dds. They were kicking her off because he makes too much according to them. Good luck mama!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Makynzies_Mommy:

Even if you make over the amount, you may still be able to keep it? That is good news! Thank you! I wouldn't be opposed to paying a small amount monthly to have it at all. The insurence through Dh's work that I can get on is outrageous. I think it is close to 150 dollars to add me to it and it doesn't cover anything I need and has a deductable of 3000 dollars. We simply cannot do that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:52 PM

My DD still qualifies to be on medicaid, but I don't now. The reason I don't is because I am losing the SSI portion of my social security because of my husband's income. Granted, it was only about 30 dollars, I am not worried about that part, but recieving SSI was what qualified me for medicaid. I still have SSDI, but no SSI.

Quoting Makynzies_Mommy:

My dhs work wanted close to $300 to put me and dd on there....we cannot afford it. I don't have insurance but luckily we were able to keep dds. They were kicking her off because he makes too much according to them. Good luck mama!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Makynzies_Mommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)