Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever had an emotional affair?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 332 Replies
6 moms liked this

I'm having one now,and it might sound weird but I feel like it's making me and my relationship with  my husband better, because we don't fight and I'm just always happy. 

Tell me about yours if you had one before

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:54 PM

bump! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I had a brief one with my brother in law. The attention & dirty talk kept me going but it soon ended. It was for the better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:05 PM

yep, pretty much in the same position you're in

AlyBren
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:07 PM
4 moms liked this

I don't know. Does it count if there's a mutual attraction, love even, but the people never talk about it or act on it in any way? It was an unspoken thing. We never did anything that could be construed as unprofessional, but the feelings were there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:08 PM
Yes, but not in years. My SO, and I took some time apart I met someone else we dated for a while, but it got too serious for me so I cut it off. A while later SO, and I got back together then the other guy would randomly call, or txt me. I'd tell him I miss him, and in my mind I did prefer him at the time, but I realized I had to just stop talking to him altogether.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:09 PM
Yes, I'm having one right now. I don't feel the slightest bit guilty, though, because he has a long-term mistress.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:11 PM
3 moms liked this
Honestly? To many to count. :( i'm not proud of it & have worked hard to just be honest when he's neglecting my needs. He's the only sex partner i've ever had & I plan to keep it that way!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this
He = my DH

Quoting Anonymous:

Honestly? To many to count. :( i'm not proud of it & have worked hard to just be honest when he's neglecting my needs. He's the only sex partner i've ever had & I plan to keep it that way!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjfamily
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:13 PM
3 moms liked this

Yes i have and it made my relationship with my husband worse; i was distracted thinking about the other man and i was daydreaming alot about all the ' what if's". The man i was "friends" with was from Europe though so there was really no way it could ever work out. I felt a major connection with him and i feel like i may have known him in another life.. My husband found out and was deeply hurt, we worked through it and are at a better place now, it made us stronger.

AlyBren
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:15 PM

That made me laugh. My fiance thinks I should have just married my best (gay) friend and had sex with other people, because we're basically an old married couple in every other way.

Quoting BunkyBoyd:

Yes, with my gay husband! Lol...I tell him everything to help take the burden off DH

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)