Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if you think tattoos are trashy...what's the difference...? edit to add a couple pictures

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:12 PM
  • 77 Replies
13 moms liked this

So all these posts about tattoos being trashy...that you wouldn't go to a Dr. with tattoos because they could be dirty, people are defiling their body, they're tacky, etc, got me thinking. Do you wear makeup? If so, why? Do you do it because you feel it accentuates your beauty? Do you or have you ever dyed your hair? If so, why? Did you do it to change your hair color from it's natural color? Are your ears pierced? If so, why? Did you do it because you think it's pretty?

I think to each their own. I have seen tattoos that I would NEVER put on my body. I have 12 tattoos, all feminine, all my style. I don't own makeup, I like my natural beauty, I don't want to paint a layer of stuff on my face, but I know that's not the societal norm. I have also never dyed my hair, I don't find it a desireable thing to do. Again, I know that's not the norm also. I just don't understand why people place such stigma on things that they don't choose to do themselves.....

Looking through my pictures, I discovered that most of my tattoos don't show on a regular basis...probably has to do with the fact that I wear loooooong dresses...here's what I have pictures of...

A couple columbines and my daughter's name

this is my newest. The orange flower is my son's birth flower, purple one is my daughter's and the hummingbird is for their Papa.

I also have a fairy on each calf, a day lilly on my shoulder blade, a vine of flowers going up my foot and it wraps around my leg, I have a celtic knot (I'm Irish) on my back. I have "happiness" written on me, and an armband

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amybelle
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Tattoos aren't Trashy

vanityrayne
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:16 PM

I have 3 tattoos and plan to get more..all beautiful. Not trashy and only seen whe i want them to be. I also have ears pierced,my navel and my nose..i wear some makeup but not alot and ive dyed my hair once.. I am my own canvas..My nose ring is a tiny jewel that glitters when you walk by..nothing huge or trashy..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I am going to get a tattoo, trashy or not. lol. If someone thinks they are trashy then we don't need to be friends. If having a tattoo gets rid of fake people in my life then the tattoo has well served it's purpose.

boo1985
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:20 PM
9 moms liked this

Because most of the women judging you are lacking something in their own life. I will never understand why a complete stranger gets so worked up over something another complete stranger is doing in their life.

BunkyBoyd
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:21 PM
3 moms liked this
This is by far one of the must logical arguments I've ever seen on CM!

Me personally, I love my tattoos, my make up and my body (well minus some stretch marks)! To each their own!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmY403
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:21 PM

I agree completely! I have never died my hair because I am afraid i wont get my natural color back and I love it just the way it is and I do not have any pericings just me ears but I very rarely wear earings. And I do have tattos and non that you can tell just by seeign me around town. You would have to ask or see me in a bikini

haydsmom2007
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:22 PM

I don't think they're trashy.

imabitweird
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:27 PM
I have a tattoo and I wear make up :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
milmomma2006
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Pics or it didn't happen!!

Lol but seriously, can we see them?? I love looking at tattoos :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Because of the origins of tattoos in the United States. I think that is why there may be a negative correlation...

In the United States many prisoners and criminal gangs use distinctive tattoos to indicate facts about their criminal behavior,prison sentences, and organizational affiliation.[21] A teardrop tattoo, for example, can be symbolic of murder, with each tear representing the death of a friend. At the same time, members of the U.S. military have an equally well established and longstanding history of tattooing to indicate military units, battles, kills, etc., an association which remains widespread among older Americans

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)