Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So any advice?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

Okay I am going to present to you ladies my situation here see what y'all have to say about it. If your answer is that I should have had things figured out before having a kid don't even bother because obviously that is too late now isn't it? 

So her father & I split. I go back to work I apply for childcare through the state right. They email me the papers I fill them out takes about 1 1/2weeks to get papers filled out (have to hit up the daycare for signatures etc get letter from work etc then mail it all in), I call 1 week from sending it they have gotten the papers & will put them into the system shortly. Call another week later, they are processing it, that takes 2-4weeks to get done! I call following week still processing same answer 2-4weeks. State doesn't pay back so if I enter my child to daycare it's on my dime. 

Okay I have no money, hence why I have to apply to the state. I ask the woman I just spoke to what to do she has no answer. I tell her if I do not get her into childcare I will be having to quit my job. Shes sorry. I ask what happens if I quit my job because I am waiting for childcare, can I keep the same papers going until I am in the system (btw I am already accepted or qualified for this program) then when the papers are done I can look for another job. She says no, as soon as I quit my job my process gets canceled & I have start over. 

I have exhausted friends & faimly around me watching my child they all have jobs or their own kids & they have all pitched in a lot but I'm at the point where people are too busy & no longer able to help. So for all those people with great advice for anyone who has aid from the state I want to hear your big shot awesome ideas now please because I have non. Come on let me hear them what is the solution to this problem? I'm sure this post will turn to drama but oh well just was curious if others have been through this process like this or if anyone had ideas. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
JCC31
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:24 PM

I have been through similiar situations. First of all hang in there you are not alone in being a single mom and struggling:) If you know the office location where you applied for daycare assistance, I would go down there and talk to someone in person and talk to a supervisor about what is holding it up...sometimes it is pure laziness on their part, sometimes their is key information missing ....so, go in person to find out what exactly is holding the process up to see if you can resolve it through them. Also, if you can you can speak to the daycare about working with you in making smaller payments(this is however a long shot) but, the worst they can say is no. Next, if all this doesn't help you can seek out other sources of help, go to charities in your area, go to churches, etc...and ask them how they can help you with monetary or food needs while you await the coverage you need. Hope that helps and hang in there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Thanks for the advice. Office is 45minutes away I have no car. I called them they all say same answer processing 2-4weeks thats it. I spoke to the daycare they can't help me any further then they have. I am actually even friends with the women's son that works at the daycare shes a super nice woman but she has done all she possibly can do. Even doing payments I still can not afford to pay the entire bill for daycare per week =/ I called charities, called organizations & when I say I called I have gone through a list of about 30 or more calls for any kind of advice or help anything & nothing so far. Thanks though I really appreciate your answer. 

Quoting JCC31:

I have been through similiar situations. First of all hang in there you are not alone in being a single mom and struggling:) If you know the office location where you applied for daycare assistance, I would go down there and talk to someone in person and talk to a supervisor about what is holding it up...sometimes it is pure laziness on their part, sometimes their is key information missing ....so, go in person to find out what exactly is holding the process up to see if you can resolve it through them. Also, if you can you can speak to the daycare about working with you in making smaller payments(this is however a long shot) but, the worst they can say is no. Next, if all this doesn't help you can seek out other sources of help, go to charities in your area, go to churches, etc...and ask them how they can help you with monetary or food needs while you await the coverage you need. Hope that helps and hang in there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)