Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't understand why so many people hate it

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:28 PM
  • 48 Replies
1 mom liked this

circumcision why do u so many ppl think it's horrible? Yes I know its taking a body part off your child in a way but they will not remeber it at all. No one ever says it was horrible when i was 2 days old and got it done.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pregers2011
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:30 PM

It sometimes has to do with the religion.  Or the origin from where they are from.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:32 PM

LOL.

sfkdny
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:33 PM
2 moms liked this

people just like to dictate how others raise their children and live their lives.  My son is circ'd and I have NO regrets, we made sure a qualified pediatric urologist did the procedure

charliebean
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:34 PM
Haaaaaaaaaa nice
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilbit53009
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:34 PM

i don't know either. my son is circ'd...never had an issue. if i have another son, he will also be circ'd. 

but i hope you know this post is about to blow up with moms telling you "you're mutilating and harming your child"...i see you're a new member. so be prepared :) lol

chicmommyx3
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Many people either do or do not do it for religious reasons.  Others do not do it anymore because it is not necessary.  My boys are.  I had a friend who had to have it done when he was about 16 and said it was horrible (and did remember it :)), so I wouldn't want to risk having to have it done latter in life.

Lishes
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Wait.. what?

2girls07
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:41 PM
My thoughts exactly...

Quoting Lishes:

Wait.. what?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheMessThatsMe
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:42 PM
This. There are no real advantages to having it done according to newer research. It's mostly cosmetic. So many women figure, "Why have it done?" It's a personal decision and IMO should not be debated. You worry about your son's penis, I'll worry about mine. I mean, come on!

Quoting pregers2011:

It sometimes has to do with the religion.  Or the origin from where they are from.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crimsonia
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:42 PM
3 moms liked this

One question... how would YOU feel to grow up and discover that your clitoris was cut off when you were an infant?

There are some countries that actually practice female circumcision and that is precisely what they do...

Would YOU consider yourself to have been genitally mutilated?

Circumcision is the intentional mutilation of a persons genitalia.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)