Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who would do this to their child just to win a pageant?????

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:47 PM
  • 45 Replies
1 mom liked this

I just got finished watching this video. I think it's insane. Who gives their 6 yr old daughter a massive amount of Mt. Dew and redbull to keep her hyped up. Just so she looks 'alive' during a pageant?  In my opinion these people who do this, shouldn't be allowed to be parents. I mean seriously, how many medical problems are you causing your child (in the future) just because you really want them to win?????????

Yes, everyone will do as they please with their children. Pageants are cute when their little. But some of these moms are friggin insane. They push their daughters to be the 'best' because they may have, or they wanted to when they were children and didn't feel like it for whatever reason.  sorry but it's crazy. 

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luv2nap
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:49 PM

yeah i have watched the show for a while on and off and it boils down to one thing..... insanity!!!!!!!!!!!!

NDADanceMom
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this

The girl is ugly and poorly behaved but she may as well enjoy this while it lasts.  She can dream of her TV time when she is gathering carts at Walmart for minimum wage.

Mama2ETA
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:20 PM

I wouldn't do it to my child for ANYTHING.

Mama2ETA
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:21 PM

REALLY?! You just called a 6 year old ugly. Her attitude is horrible, and she is poorly behaved, but seriously?! That's low.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

The girl is ugly and poorly behaved but she may as well enjoy this while it lasts.  She can dream of her TV time when she is gathering carts at Walmart for minimum wage.

NDADanceMom
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:23 PM
2 moms liked this

I call other kids cute.  Stands to reason there is another end to the spectrum isnt there?  SOme people are attractive, some arent.  Its how the world works.

Quoting Mama2ETA:

REALLY?! You just called a 6 year old ugly. Her attitude is horrible, and she is poorly behaved, but seriously?! That's low.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Mama2ETA
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:24 PM

well clearly there is another end to the spectrum, but seriously, calling a 6 year old ugly is sooo trashy. Post a pic here and we'll all judge you ;)

Quoting NDADanceMom:

I call other kids cute.  Stands to reason there is another end to the spectrum isnt there?  SOme people are attractive, some arent.  Its how the world works.

Quoting Mama2ETA:

Quoting NDADanceMom:

NDADanceMom
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:31 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Mama2ETA:

well clearly there is another end to the spectrum, but seriously, calling a 6 year old ugly is sooo trashy. Post a pic here and we'll all judge you ;)

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Quoting Mama2ETA:

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Mama2ETA
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Your eye color is very pretty and your nose is cute. That is all I will say :)

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Quoting Mama2ETA:

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Quoting Mama2ETA:

Quoting NDADanceMom:

NDADanceMom
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Honestly it doesnt matter.  Even if you think im ugly what do I care?  We all have opinions on what is cute and what isnt.  Im not sending you a glamor shot here.  Its a pic of me headed out to a charity race wearing a cartoon hat.  Sorry but I do think that kid is ugly.  SOme people think im ugly.  It really is all opinion.  Im sure it has to do with her attitude but she doesnt have a healthy look.  Her skin doesnt glow like a healthy 6 year old, her hair has an odd texture, maybe not enough nutrition in her diet.  She is out of shape.  Her face is bloated, like she eats too much processed food.  Rather sad IMO.

Quoting Mama2ETA:

Your eye color is very pretty and your nose is cute. That is all I will say :)

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Quoting Mama2ETA:

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Quoting Mama2ETA:

Quoting NDADanceMom:

she_walk_softly
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I would never want to do pageants with my DD ..how is taking a 3year old to stay in a hotels (yuck), then brush her hair for hours and dress her in non washer safe clothes and putting make up and dress shoes,then put her on stage probably during nap time.. ugh that sounds like a stuffy pain in the ass to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)