• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Visit vent

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

We are going to visit my brother in law and sister in law next weekend and even though I'm excited to see my nieces and brother in law I dont want to see my sister in law. I have been TTC for almost 2 yrs now with 2 loses and she has not been supportive at all. She has gone as far to tell me birth is not all its cracked up to be and if I want to know what its like to be preg to make myself puke for 9 mths and then have my husband [unch me in the belly after 5 mths and at the end of the 9mths shove a whole large watermelon up my crocth and then push it back out! She has told me to give up on trying and that I shouldn't take my feritly meds they will mess up my baby and Im to small to carry a baby to term/give birth.  Also that I will not be able to give birth with out pain meds use cloth diapers etc... Vent over.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
NDADanceMom
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:21 PM

And I assume you have sat down with her and told her how it makes you feel?  I would tell her and end the conversation with "if you continue to minimize my struggle with your comments I will take that as a personal insult and it will affect my relationship with you.  That in turn will change your relationship with my husband."

People never just spit it out. She feels free to spew her verbal diareah, just stand up for yourself and stop her when she starts talking.  DOnt just listen to it and complain later!

batsbelfry
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Your SIL sounds nuts and uneducated.  Don't let her get you down.  Do your best to stay off the topic of TTC while you're there and if she brings it up then change the subject or leave the room.  After a while she'll get the hint hopefully.  Sorry she is being insensetive :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)