Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do if you found out your family was so well off because of organized crime?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies

Would you try to find out more? or leave it alone?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 13, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Honestly, I would find out as much as I can and report them.. I woudn't want to be caught up in anything illegal ever. I have two beautiful kids and I could never leave them at my own faults.  I will always do whatever I have to do to always take care and protect my family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Honestly, I would find out as much as I can and report them.. I woudn't want to be caught up in anything illegal ever. I have two beautiful kids and I could never leave them at my own faults.  I will always do whatever I have to do to always take care and protect my family.

What if there's nothing you've done that's ilegal, so your kids can't be hurt. and it's not anything more than prostitution and weed

ElitestJen
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

What if there's nothing you've done that's ilegal, so your kids can't be hurt. and it's not anything more than prostitution and weed

Prostitution when it has to do with organized crime is sex trafficking.  I would report it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Quoting ElitestJen:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Prostitution when it has to do with organized crime is sex trafficking.  I would report it.

This is high cost prostitution - like elliot spitzer/charlie sheen client type girls, they are all wanting to do it

wjh200
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Leave it alone...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 13, 2012 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this

If it were me I would keep my eyes and ears closed including my mouth. You obviously know more than you need to at this point. But I totally believe in family loyalty. 

ElitestJen
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

This is high cost prostitution - like elliot spitzer/charlie sheen client type girls, they are all wanting to do it

First of all, I think you're naive if you think that's all it is.  Second, if you're taking money from illegal activities - you're just as guilty as those "earning" it. 

I would find out more....and report everydamnthing I knew.  If you have any integrity, you would too.

ElitestJen
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Family loyalty, my ass.  What if Bernie Madoff hadn't been turned in by his sons? 

No wonder there's so much dysfunction on Cafemom.  Take the easy road and blame someone else.  Let yourselves be victims.  Pathetic.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Quoting ElitestJen:

Family loyalty, my ass.  What if Bernie Madoff hadn't been turned in by his sons? 

No wonder there's so much dysfunction on Cafemom.  Take the easy road and blame someone else.  Let yourselves be victims.  Pathetic.

Bernie madoff hurt a lot of people the only people this hurt is maybe a wife, but that has nothing to do with anyone outside of that marriage

1sweetmommma
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Leave it alone & politely excuse myself whenever anyone mentions it. The less I know, the better off & safer I am.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)