Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

please tell me im not the only one *no bashing please*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
2 moms liked this

Am i the only one who SOMETIMES feels like DH is just fucking stupid and pisses me off A LOT. i get so pissed off because even when i say 'honey i need some space im getting a little irritated and i dont want to fight' he will just stand there and stare at me and say shit like 'whats your problem?' 

its not ALWAYS like this. mostly its right around my period when i feel crowded and bloated and sore (no im not using that as an excuse, is just how i feel) 

but some days, its like OMG SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HAIR

please tell me im not the only one? 

why is it so hard for him to just say 'ok ill leave you alone' 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MotherOF5Cuties
by Abby on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Thats how I used to feel about my XDH lol and that was offten too

JC2223
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:56 PM
2 moms liked this

I find it easier to tell DH up front when I'm feeling "off" and need to be left alone. But I tell him in a way that is reassuring so he doesn't get the wrong perception. Like..."Hun, I'm just not feeling right and I'm a bit cranky. It has nothing to do with you, but I'd like to just be quiet". Something along those lines. Men are problem solvers by nature. When they see or feel something is not right, they feel the need to fix it. It's best to put a disclaimer out there from the start so they don't go into fix it mode, or defensive mode.

cassnadrajones
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Hmmm, you seem like how my husband used to be. You're a runner. You prefer not to directly confront things such as stress and things that irritate you. Thatsnot an uncommon thing, a lot of people are like that. However its something you need to work on. It can slowly distance the two of you and make one partner feeling rejected and unwanted.

I know I used to just feel like my husband hated me or didnt like me. I do admit I have self esteem issues and I do not handle rejection well. Not talking to me is just like slowly strangling me to death.

Try setting aside 30 minutes a day justfro talking. You can talk about your day or whatever you want. Make this ano judging time and stress the importants of not being punished for something said. Works wonders for us.

she_walk_softly
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:02 PM
yea I will call my hubby at work and warn him...pms is a killer and it is extra annoying when hubby is not paying attention and saying/doing stupid things..
example : No dear I am talking about the board you are holding in your hand ...not the one under the staircase.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:04 PM

I'm raising my hand....I'm right with you.  I don't have the amazing husband a lot of these ladies on CM have.

He pays the bills and he is a good Dad but somedays I wish, I wish, I wish......

No bashing here girlfriend, life's a bish.....

Cacophobia06
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:10 PM

(most) Men like to fix things, if they see a problem in their relationship their mind set is to fix it and not just let it be. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:13 PM
Ha! Not.my dh I will be bawling my head off and he just sits there and continues to watch tv...he is an ass

Quoting JC2223:

I find it easier to tell DH up front when I'm feeling "off" and need to be left alone. But I tell him in a way that is reassuring so he doesn't get the wrong perception. Like..."Hun, I'm just not feeling right and I'm a bit cranky. It has nothing to do with you, but I'd like to just be quiet". Something along those lines. Men are problem solvers by nature. When they see or feel something is not right, they feel the need to fix it. It's best to put a disclaimer out there from the start so they don't go into fix it mode, or defensive mode.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:20 PM

the thing is though ladies, is there is no 'problem' in our relationship. everything is great. its just every now and then, not very often but sometimes, especially on my montly loveliness, i just want some alone time. but instead of respecting that, even when i say it nicely and with love, he just cant do it. he can leave me alone on any day of the week, except the ONE day that i might want some alone time. 

i dunno, maybe im just being really sensitive. like i said. aunt flo is hre. and she is a BITCH. 

like, i had to go to the MVD today, and i was there all morning, and just got home an hour ago. he was in our room sleeping the whole time i was out (he works nights) i came home,  thinking to myself im gonna have a great few hours of quiet time, have a snack and watch a movie. DH doesnt go to work until 6, so at 1pm he is out like a light for a few more hours. 

but the second he hears the door, he comes running out, and goes to sleep on the couch. i ask him nicely to go back to the room to sleep so i can watch tv, and he grumps and groans and walks all slow staring at me the whole time, hoping ill change my mind. 

THATS when i get pissy about it. 

but now that he is sleeping in the room and i have vented and calmed down, it does seem like a stupid fight. but i couldnt help it, it was so annoying and stupid. you know? 

and like i said, its just today. this doesnt happen all the time. maybe he got his 'man period' today and we clashed. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)