• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wow I'm a bad mother ..help

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:04 PM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this
I was reading about balanced diets & what you guys feed your kids & I guess I'll air my buisness out.

Breakfast : sugar cereal & a juice box

Snack : a hostess snack; twinkies cupcakes etc.

Lunch : pizza rolls or corn dogs
Hot pockets basically microwave food.

Dinner : pork chops or chicken. hamburgers with fries or mac & cheese or potatoes most likely scalloped or mashed

Dessert. More pantry snacks

How can I change my children's diet but not go broke at the grocery store
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Fruits and veggies are somewhat expensive but i have a very tight buget and i can get healthy foods...try farmers markets(healthy and cheap) buy in bulk (canned isnt great but still good)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ann7227
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Look at all the ads. Some stores price match.  Get more fruit and whole grain snacks.

sfkdny
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:11 PM

definitely fresh fruit, my kids gobble up

kiwis

apples

clementines

grapes

watermelon

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:12 PM

How much do you usually spend per month on groceries?

How many people are you feeding?

CabinMommyNH
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:12 PM
Frozen veggies are fairly cheap. Cut out as much processed foods as you can and focus on whole grains.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherrywaves21
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:14 PM
First start by making your own cupcakes if you have to have those. Also pudding is pretty decent when you make it. You don't want your family to Go into shock:). Also make your own pizza crust buy some cheese and sauce. Fruits and veggies are always in sell somewhere. I just bought a 5lb bag of naval organges for 3.50. I grew up very poor and understand how hard it can be. But pizza rolls aren't cheap. Soup is awesome to make as well. Chicken broth chicken ( some type of noodle) or beef broth with veggies and hamburger. Go to hillbillyhousewife.com for super cheap recipes. that are fairly heathly
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ann7227
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Yea pudding and jello comes sugar free and fat free.

Quoting cherrywaves21:

First start by making your own cupcakes if you have to have those. Also pudding is pretty decent when you make it. You don't want your family to Go into shock:). Also make your own pizza crust buy some cheese and sauce. Fruits and veggies are always in sell somewhere. I just bought a 5lb bag of naval organges for 3.50. I grew up very poor and understand how hard it can be. But pizza rolls aren't cheap. Soup is awesome to make as well. Chicken broth chicken ( some type of noodle) or beef broth with veggies and hamburger. Go to hillbillyhousewife.com for super cheap recipes. that are fairly heathly

yayay15
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:18 PM
For snacks...

Crackers and cheese, fruit, yogurt, fruit with yogurt, goldfish.

For breakfast, fruit, pancakes with yogurt on them, toast with peanut butter or organic jelly. Take out the high fructose corn syrup. Everything in moderation.

There are some good smoothies with veggies and fruit in it that taste good and would give them some nutrition

We eat gluten free here but anything whole grain is better.

Definitely get rid Of the hostess snacks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaLub
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:19 PM
Holy shit! Try making them eggs for breakfast and pancakes. TUrkey bacon is cheap. Maybe fry potatoes. For lunch have lunch meats, maybe carrot sticks, yogurts. Homemade baked goods. Dinner just include more veggies. They sell frozen kind for a dollar
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yayay15
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:21 PM
My store has deals all the time...10 for $10.... Yesterday they had organic cereal, goldfish, and the veleeta Mac and cheese al for $1. Velveeta Mac and cheese doesn't have dyes in it. It's better than kraft.

To start you can take out dyes and high fructose corn syrup and go from there.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)