Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Junk food!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
I feel bad for children whos mothers do not cook unless it came frozen or out of a box, and that get nothing but junk food for snacks. What is the point of it? Healthy snacks & cooking is not hard, & I find it cheaper on my grocery bill. That's my confession for today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CabinMommyNH
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:19 PM
I agree. Cooking from scratch often saves money if you do it right!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ann7227
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:20 PM

For people with very busy schedules it may work for them.

Ann7227
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Yes and it they cook from scratch they could make enough for 2 meals too. It can be time consuming but it is healthier.

Quoting CabinMommyNH:

I agree. Cooking from scratch often saves money if you do it right!

RosePetalTears
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

i cook from scratch alot, but i love me some junk too. lol.  Chips, cookies, pudding.....yum yum yum

its even worse when i have my period (like this wk)

etsmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:21 PM

I cook and prepare meals and snacks for my kids, but sometimes I give them something with a wrapper on it or maybe came from a box.  It is definitely not something that happens often.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:20 PM
Oh same here, we have treats too, but a meal doesnt consist of hot pockets, pop tarts, hamburger helper, or any of that! Im not claiming to be perfect or the best, but my kids are fed healthy meals! Its something that is really pretty simple, cheap, & effective!

Quoting etsmom:

I cook and prepare meals and snacks for my kids, but sometimes I give them something with a wrapper on it or maybe came from a box.  It is definitely not something that happens often.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beerebelly
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:22 PM

I know a mom who does this. I think its terrible. I cook every night. Her boys come over on Sundays and get to eat a home cooked meal over here. They love it.

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:22 PM

We are a Semi-Homemade kind of family. LOL! We eat healthy though. We try to stay away from additives, high fructose corn syrup, food coloring, high sodium..etc

We eat a lot of fruits and veggies in our house too.

AlyBren
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Me too. I mean, I love junk as much as the next person and think it's practically criminal to be so uptight that you don't have it or allow your children it at all, but there's just no replacement for home cooking and real food.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:27 PM
So your confessing for the second time? You needed to start a new post to do it? So happy for you and the fact you have the time to do it. Also for the fact it's cheaper in your area. But seeing as many people hav already been over this with you. I don't feel the need to go over it again. But I will since you didn't seem to get it. ITS NOT ALWAYS CHEAPER!!!!! Every state and count is different in prices. Would you like a gold star?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)