Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Have To Get It Out Or I'm Gonna EXPLODE!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:17 PM
  • 19 Replies

The town I live in is "moist", meaning you can go to a restaurant that has a liquor license and get drinks by the drink.

The town about, oh, 15 minutes to the north east of us is dry, meaning no alcohol sales of any kind.

Yesterday, that town had a vote to go wet or stay dry. They voted to stay dry.

MY town is having the vote on the 14th. I CAN'T vote, because, while I live in the town, I don't live in the city proper. I'm considered county.

The biggest argument for wanting to stay dry is that it's a sin.

I believe in God and I have accepted Jesus as my savior. I go to church, sometimes, but I have more of a private relationship with God and Jesus. I don't claim to be a Christian, though.

I FULLY believe that religion ends where my rights being. I'm so sick of people forcing their religion into my government. It has no place. ZERO.

I see nothing wrong with going to Walmart and buying me a bottle of Arbor Mist so I can have a glass here and there. I see nothing wrong with going to the store and getting some Bud Light to enjoy with my husband. I'm not an alcoholic, by any means, but as it is right now, I have to drive an hour away to do either of these things. It's getting annoying.

I'm just fed up with it and I needed to vent. I can't do it on my Facebook, because I know I'll piss off a bunch of people.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kyuteangl88
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:19 PM
Maybe they want to make it a dry county because people are drinking Bud Light and Arbor Mist, ha ha.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LeahNichole81
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:19 PM
You live in tx or ok?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paulswife208
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:20 PM

I think it's weird that there are still "dry" towns. But I'm from Minnesota and we just drink out in the open up here.

wittyscreenname
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:21 PM

KY

Quoting LeahNichole81:

You live in tx or ok?

comf
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:22 PM
Arbor Mist. LOL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:31 PM

LOL Didn't Jesus turn water into wine??

CAgirlMNboy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:34 PM
I was thinking the same thing.

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL Didn't Jesus turn water into wine??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
noed
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

It's quite interesting...you must definitely live in a small town.

I'm a Christian and very recently I was studying the same thing.It's not a sin to drink, It's a sin to get drunk.

Let everyone be responsible for their own actions. It's called separation of church and state.

margarita time

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:40 PM
Dont Christians drink wine in church?? If they make it a dry town how will they be able to take thier sips of wine during church?
wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:41 PM

I live in a dry county and we have had this same issue as long as I can remember.  One time there was a petition going around to get it back on the ballot and it looked like if we could get the wet/dry issue on the ballot, the wet side my win.

A bunch of petitions disapeared (they were at the check out of local convienience stores).  It was later proven that several members of a certain church were responsible for the theft. Why? Because alcohol is a sin?? wtf? and stealing isn't??

I don't get the alcohol is a sin thing..what was Jesus's first miracle? He turnend water into wine. And Noah had a vineyard....

Anyway we solved that problem. We make our own wine. It does suck to have to drive 45 miles to get beer or liquor tho.

I wish ppl would keep their religion out of my rights

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)