Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i think i might be inlove with my best friend but im still married...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
im divorcing my husband cuz he left us (dd and i) for a whore. anyways.. my bestfriend has helped keep my sanity through all of this. he is sweet, kind, makes me feel good about myself. and is just always there. well...lastnight we were having an "Adult" conversation..over the phone....well it got a bit more naughty n we had phonesex....and it was amazing. i mean obviously the real thing is better...(or it should be haha) but in the middle of it he said I love you... and it 1.made me feel awesome...and 2. got me so freakin hot...
now we are close and have said i love you before..but not like lastnight..
i am NOT trying to jump into a relationship. he knows and respects that. he knows my kid comes first, always have always will. my kid hasnt met him yet altho she has "talked" to him on the phone (she babbles and he just says "oh really" and stuff like that)
but.. he is like NO ONE ive ever met before. he is a big dork, funny, smart, a smartass, sooo respectful, a hard worker, just a really great guy. and i just had to tell someone. i cant tell my family cuz i dont want them thinking imma jump into something with him while im either still going thru a divorce or right after. (I am not going to i wanna work on me for now) thanks for listenin girls :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
CabinMommyNH
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:11 PM
You say he's your best friend but your kid has never met him, what did you guys meet online?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spicy_n_sweet
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Rebound.........????

How long have you known him? Did you always feel these feelings  for him?  Or have these feeling just started since he has been there for you during this tough time?

The chances are very high that you are only feeling these types of feelings because: 1) he's filling a void your husband left...2) he's comforting you during the time your husband has hurt you...3) he's showing you attention and support during this time...4) he's making you feel wanted, making you feel desirable during a time that your husband knocked those feelings right out of you with his action....

In other words. There is a very good chance that what you are feeling is transferance, and reassurance during a time your are feeling needy for those things.  Not actual love-in love feelings.

MzMarkham1022
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Just take it one day at a time, good luck momma!

KyMom24
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Quoting CabinMommyNH:

You say he's your best friend but your kid has never met him, what did you guys meet online?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:23 PM
we were friends but timing was off and i ended up with my husband. and i couldnt have guy friends. so my friend hasnt met my dd yet. and he lives 6 hours away. and now that i live on my own i dont want to bring him into the scene cuz i dont want to confuse her, like her father is with his gf.

Quoting KyMom24:

Quoting CabinMommyNH:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:29 PM
i had feelings for him before. but timing was off and i ended up with my now stbxh. BUT i totally get ur rational. im not dissmissing that, but i dont think its a rebound feeling. ive been over my stbx for a while (6months) he cheated on me in june and got the other woman pregnant. now "shes the love of my life" (so he says...eye roll) and ive had thoughts before about my friend but always dismissed them. but they never left..thats y i dont think its a rebound cuz he really is a great guy. and maybe in a year or so i might be ready to date again and if hes single still...maybe something could happen. idk... but thanks for ur input

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

Rebound.........????

How long have you known him? Did you always feel these feelings  for him?  Or have these feeling just started since he has been there for you during this tough time?

The chances are very high that you are only feeling these types of feelings because: 1) he's filling a void your husband left...2) he's comforting you during the time your husband has hurt you...3) he's showing you attention and support during this time...4) he's making you feel wanted, making you feel desirable during a time that your husband knocked those feelings right out of you with his action....

In other words. There is a very good chance that what you are feeling is transferance, and reassurance during a time your are feeling needy for those things.  Not actual love-in love feelings.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:35 PM
thanks hun :)

Quoting MzMarkham1022:

Just take it one day at a time, good luck momma!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)