Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband is my WORST employee...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

No we don't work at the same place.. but we both work in the same field..

Him and another guy were hired at the same time.. The other guy was promoted to supervisor..

I was hired at the same time as everyone, because I work for a brand new company.. After 2 weeks there, the company still hadn't found someone to do the managerial work, so someone had to do it.. I stepped up to the plate and within the month, I had the job..

I have an employee who cannot accept this. It is horrid to have the manage this man, but he hasn't done anything worth getting fired for..

Excessive smoke breaks, taking too long, not paying enough attention to detail so making stupid mistakes, can't get along with co workers, and does not respect authority.. but it's so mild, I cannot justify firing him.

Listening to my husband bitch for the past month about the guy that was promoted above him (to the same position I have), I've realized my husband is THAT GUY!

My employee's complain to me on a daily basis about this guy, and my husband is THAT GUY, at his company..

It's so frustrating to listen to him talk about work, because I keep thinking "I have a guy at work who is just like you and I want nothing more than to fire him"

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Allie428
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Wow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexasWife
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:27 PM
That is crazy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boo1985
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:29 PM

LOL OMG this is soo not funny, funny.... but I laughed. I am really sorry that you are in this situation. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:32 PM

I can't even talk to him about it openly, because he's in one of those funks where everything you say to him, he takes so personally. So I try to beat around the bush, when he's bitching about his boss, just like "so and so had the audacity to ask me why I wasn't doing such and such, and seriously honey, if I could fire this man, I would! I hate when people question thier boss. Do what you are told, even if you know I'm making a mistake, do it and let me suffer the repercussions".. it doesn't seem to be sinking in, that I'm trying to give him advice, because he doesn't look at himself as being THAT GUY

MadJack607
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:33 PM
I just go my first manager position. And I have a girl that acts just like that. I can't stand it! It has gotten to the point that she is trying to make me lose my job by spreading lies to other . It makes me mad since I am 4 months pregnant if she makes me lose my job it will be so hard to find a new one at this point since I'm showing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:36 PM

LOL I know what you mean.. It's funny but do you know how hard it is to respect a man that if he worked for you, you would be looking for every reason to fire him? It's freaking hard.. and when he tells me he's tired from a long day at work, I just want to ask him what he did all day besides bitch about his boss..

The guy who works for me, seriously goes to my direct supervisor (corporate) to bitch about me, and corporate and I sit around and laugh about it. MY husband goes to his boss' boss to bitch about X did this and he said to do this and it's going to mess up this..

I just want to pull my hair out!!!!!

Maybe if we didn't work the same field, I would be more tolerant.. but I'm going to explode on my husband and it's not going to be pretty. He honestly believes he's good at his job, but the things he tells me I just keep thinking, we are so lucky you haven't been fired yet!

Quoting boo1985:

LOL OMG this is soo not funny, funny.... but I laughed. I am really sorry that you are in this situation. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:40 PM

From one manager to another.. Kill her with kindness.

The guy at my job, I've learned that the only way to keep him from pissing off his co-workers, is to give him busy work. Otherwise, he's constantly pissing everyone off. So I gave him some stupid filing job, made him feel important, when to be honest, it's filing from 10 years ago, that we have to keep on record, from the old company (my company is an outsourced company) and it's just something I didn't feel like doing. However, I played it up, like it was one of the most important tasks to get done.

It took him about 2 weeks to get it done in his down time, and I had to correct some errors (stupid stuff like putting july before june etc.) but I rained compliments on him. He feels like he did good, and honestly believes that it's going to get him ahead.. It's not, because it was a stupid filing task, but it raised his morale. The guy that works for me, bitches at my corporate manager about me, oh she went out of the office and left so and so to take care of this and that, and I could have done it better.. stupid shit like that. We seriously sit around and laugh about.

Don't get into a highschool tattling game with her, just keep working hard and things should be good

Quoting MadJack607:

I just go my first manager position. And I have a girl that acts just like that. I can't stand it! It has gotten to the point that she is trying to make me lose my job by spreading lies to other . It makes me mad since I am 4 months pregnant if she makes me lose my job it will be so hard to find a new one at this point since I'm showing.

MadJack607
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:01 PM
Oh yeah. I am so nice to her. But it has gotten to the point where she has actually went to other managers and saying she refuses to listen to me. Once my gm comes back from the conference we are having a serious talk. Because it has gotten to the point where she yelled at another employee telling her she need to grow the f*%k up in front of customers. You can give her all the busy work and than she throws it in peoples face that they never work. We work in retail most peoples jobs are to stand there and watch the floor. How is that not working.

Quoting Anonymous:

The guy at my job, I've learned that the only way to keep him from pissing off his co-workers, is to give him busy work. Otherwise, he's constantly pissing everyone off. So I gave him some stupid filing job, made him feel important, when to be honest, it's filing from 10 years ago, that we have to keep on record, from the old company (my company is an outsourced company) and it's just something I didn't feel like doing. However, I played it up, like it was one of the most important tasks to get done.

It took him about 2 weeks to get it done in his down time, and I had to correct some errors (stupid stuff like putting july before june etc.) but I rained compliments on him. He feels like he did good, and honestly believes that it's going to get him ahead.. It's not, because it was a stupid filing task, but it raised his morale. The guy that works for me, bitches at my corporate manager about me, oh she went out of the office and left so and so to take care of this and that, and I could have done it better.. stupid shit like that. We seriously sit around and laugh about.

Don't get into a highschool tattling game with her, just keep working hard and things should be good

Quoting MadJack607:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:13 PM

haha yes, I worked management at a major clothing retail chain.. I get what you're saying. I'm sorry you are going through that. My corporate manager is in tomorrow, for our bi-annual audit, and since he is my direct supervisor, I'm going to have to have a talk with him. I've tried every different tactic, and busy work is all that helps.. but like your girl.. Mine gets this superiority complex when he does anything.. luckily, my team is only 8 men, and they understand we have to let him THINK he's doing something, so he'll stay out of the way..

Do you have the power to write people up.. The deff. should have been a written warning, if not a suspension.. Good luck!!!

Quoting MadJack607:

Oh yeah. I am so nice to her. But it has gotten to the point where she has actually went to other managers and saying she refuses to listen to me. Once my gm comes back from the conference we are having a serious talk. Because it has gotten to the point where she yelled at another employee telling her she need to grow the f*%k up in front of customers. You can give her all the busy work and than she throws it in peoples face that they never work. We work in retail most peoples jobs are to stand there and watch the floor. How is that not working.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MadJack607:

MadJack607
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:21 PM
Actually I am not sure we have never had to come down that road. But it has gotten bad. She not only ignores me but the asst manager and 2 other employees. So something needs to be done.

Quoting Anonymous:

haha yes, I worked management at a major clothing retail chain.. I get what you're saying. I'm sorry you are going through that. My corporate manager is in tomorrow, for our bi-annual audit, and since he is my direct supervisor, I'm going to have to have a talk with him. I've tried every different tactic, and busy work is all that helps.. but like your girl.. Mine gets this superiority complex when he does anything.. luckily, my team is only 8 men, and they understand we have to let him THINK he's doing something, so he'll stay out of the way..

Do you have the power to write people up.. The deff. should have been a written warning, if not a suspension.. Good luck!!!

Quoting MadJack607:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MadJack607:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)