• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i dont know what to think or how to approach this

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
Please be thoughtful and tell me if this is "normal".

DS is 2.5 and has all the sudden take an interest to butts. Its not a funny, haha type thing he like to look up into my butt and try and put his hands inside (when I take a shower or am getting dressed for instance).. I tell him no-no and swat his hand. He says "what?" All innocent like and feels ashamed. He also like to stick his fingers in his own and gets an erection from doing so. I also tell him no, that's yuck and he does the same innocent ashamed thing. I don't want to make him ashamed of exploring his body, but I wonder is maybe something else is going on that I should feel concerned with. Please help!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
reese1206
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:06 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Eco_Momma
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:07 PM

just tell him that we don't touch other people without asking and hif he wants to touch himself he needs to do it in his room and he must wash his hands after

ColorMeCrazy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Have you tried to talk to him about it and how he learned to do that? He may have just discovered a random hole on his body and realized that it felt different. Try explaining to him where poo comes out and how it's dirty to touch in there. Have him wash his hands a lot and give him the private parts talk, how he can't touch yours etc. 

pami5633
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:10 PM

He's 2 1/2 and knows how to get a reaction from you. Start with the We don't touch other peoples privates. He'll grow out it. He's little guy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this

We've had a lot of talks about this with our parent teacher at school when the parents seperate from the children. Masterbation usually starts at age 2. It has a different meaning then what we think of when we say masterbation... it literally means they start to touch themselves. Its not sexual, it just feels good and different to them and they are starting to realize that. I agree with PP in teaching him boundries and that touching other peoples butts or genitals is not okay, as well as it not being okay for others to touch his. Have him sanitize and do it in private.

I personally would have to draw a line at the penetration though and try to put a stop to that. Maybe explain that him that he can get sick from putting things in there?.. not sure I dont have good suggestions on how to stop that part... but I can assure you the general fascination is normal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Thank you :)
I was hoping I was over reacting. You can never be too careful. I will try the tips and I have not approached the private parts talk with him yet. I think this is the perfect time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:18 PM
Thank you for your reply :)

Quoting Anonymous:

We've had a lot of talks about this with our parent teacher at school when the parents seperate from the children. Masterbation usually starts at age 2. It has a different meaning then what we think of when we say masterbation... it literally means they start to touch themselves. Its not sexual, it just feels good and different to them and they are starting to realize that. I agree with PP in teaching him boundries and that touching other peoples butts or genitals is not okay, as well as it not being okay for others to touch his. Have him sanitize and do it in private.

I personally would have to draw a line at the penetration though and try to put a stop to that. Maybe explain that him that he can get sick from putting things in there?.. not sure I dont have good suggestions on how to stop that part... but I can assure you the general fascination is normal.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:31 PM

No problem!

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you for your reply :)

Quoting Anonymous:

soulawakening82
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:42 PM
The exploration stuff is all normal! As far as the penetration stuff, I would explain to him that it can make him sick! But don't make him feel weird about it. My oldest will be 3 in a month, and we.had to enforce the rule of no going around naked out of the bedroom! My nephew had a foot fetish at this age. He would get an erection from rubbing his feet (or anyone else's til we figured out what he was doing) on his diaper. His pedi said he would outgrow it when he went to school and started to realize what is and isn't socially acceptable, and he may resume it when.he reaches adulthood...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)