Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What ages are too far apart?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 68 Replies
Is it too late for me to have a second child? My daughter will be 10 this summer and I'm FINALLY considering having another baby. My husband wants to and my daughter would love a sibling but I worry that a ten year age difference would be difficult on my daughter. What do you think? What are the age differences between your kids or what are your experiences with your own siblings with a large age difference?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:50 PM

My kids are only 17 months apart.

I wouldn't worry to much about the age difference, especially if your daughter wants a sibling too. 

Momo77
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:50 PM
My oldest was 10 when I had my second, they fight like there is no age difference but its worked out fine for me.
NDADanceMom
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:50 PM

LOL my oldest is 16, then I have a 12 year old and a 9 year old.  Im ttc now.  My 16 year old suspects it, but its not like im telling the kids im trying to have a baby.  She said she hopes shes away at college before I have a baby.

Kylie819
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:51 PM
My daughter is 10 and we are TTC #2 :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MOMMY2ACR
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:51 PM
Me and my brother are 10 years apart. He's younger so he was always my BABY brother and still is...to me atleast. I loved being able to help my mom out so much since i was older. my sister is 6 years younger than me and we didn't ever really have anything in common until now since she's a teenager.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyakabooby
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:51 PM
my kids are 19, 17, 4 and 2. I love the split. The 17 and 4 yr old are sisters and they LOVE each other to pieces!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this

You are never too old for a sibling!!

I say have another baby, I am sure your daughter will be thrilled.

abbymommy915
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:52 PM

my older brother and I are 42 years apart... no joke lol my dad is 65, brother is 42 and I'm 20

April620
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:53 PM

My mom has a 19 year age difference from her brother...doesn't bother them any, they still love each other just the same  :) 

kmab0629
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:53 PM

10 years is fine :)  My son is 8 years older than his sister.. he loves her to pieces and she loves him.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)