Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Taking people under your wing who need help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies

Before I got pregnant with my son I used to do all sorts of drugs so I had connections to that world. I stopped doing them easily because I never really considered myself addicted. I still have a friend that is recovering from heroin addiction though, and I talk to him frequently on the phone and he lives in a halfway house and is in a work program and been sober for months, My husband does not like it because he thinks I'm going to do something bad. I met through my friend a girl this week though that has been sober and proven herself and was living in a halfway house and was released this week to live with her mom, and she apparently has almost no friends that are good influences and asked me if I would like to hang out sometime I said yes because I know she needs a good influence, and she said she appreciates it, and she is reading the bible, I told her I'm not religious, because I'm not christian, I'm buddahist, but I am sober, and I would be happy to be a good influence in her life and be nice to her. What's weird is my husband is being supportive of me having her come over and hang out, but he gets tiffed if I even have my male friend who has been sober for months come over at all when he gets passes out and I have known him for like 10 years, I don't get it. 

In any case my husband's only commentary on all this is well I just hope these people are serious about being sober and don't replase and "take you with them" does he not trust me? I'm just trying to give my friend, and hopefully a new friend some influence to show that you can change and live a postive life, is that a bad thing?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:27 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)