• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Interview help!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:28 PM
  • 7 Replies

I have an interview tomorrow at Monkey Joe's. It's full of bouncy houses and things like that for children. Anyways, what are some tips on how to sell myself? I am having a hard time getting a job and I'm thinking maybe I'm not saying or doing the right things at interviews. I am shy and have anxiety issues, but at interviews I always try to act more outgoing. What are some tips you mama's have for me? Please share and thank you!

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ChelleBoo23
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:39 PM

bump

kathienpb
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:42 PM
Relax and practice with someone honest that will critique your skills and give you honest feedback. Good luck :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChelleBoo23
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Thank you!

Quoting kathienpb:

Relax and practice with someone honest that will critique your skills and give you honest feedback. Good luck :)

kathienpb
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Im crossing my fingers for you! :)and good luck

Quoting ChelleBoo23:

Thank you!

Quoting kathienpb:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bullemhead
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Do you have kids? I'm asking that because I would say to get in there and make yourself relatable by being the nurturing, mothering type and talking about your love of children and being active and your endless energy etc.

ChelleBoo23
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Yes I have a daughter.

Quoting bullemhead:

Do you have kids? I'm asking that because I would say to get in there and make yourself relatable by being the nurturing, mothering type and talking about your love of children and being active and your endless energy etc.

bullemhead
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Good. Then use your mommy experience as it compares to the job i.e. " I have a lot of patience, I'm very tolerant of lots of activity and noise, I actually enjoy working with kids and their parents and most important...kids like me"! See what I'm saying? Hope you get it. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)