Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you walk around the house with your child on your hip?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

I am so annoyed this evening. I have been watching my friend's son (10 months) for about 2 months now on Wed. nights while she's in school. She's working on her master's degree. Things were going fine until she started allowing her son to sleep laying on her and in her bed. Now he won't let you put him down. He will sleep but only in your arms and when you try puting him down he's yelling. She also stopped bringing enough milk and food for him so that she can feed him when they get home. She said that he keeps her up on those nights that I watch him. She generally picks him up at 10:00pm which,  in my opinion, is too late for a child to be eating and then laying down. But hey that's her rule. Anyway, so not only does he want you to hold him but then he doesn't have any food. So he's probably hungry, too. Next week I'm buying some food and giving it to him.

I'm annoyed for obvious reasons, but what really gets me is how she is trying to make things convenient for her with the food situation and not her son. Babies need to eat. Why do some parents do what's best for them and not what's best for their babies? UGH!!!!

He WILL NOT stop crying. I need to go mash up some rice or something.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
XMaybebabyX
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:07 PM
How about some water?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:10 PM

I gave him water and milk. I think this baby is hungry for something a little heavier than that. I have no idea when was the last time he actually had solids.  He's been with me since 6:00 and it is now 9:00. He can barely keep his eyes open but he does not want to fall asleep on his own. He's wants to be held.

Quoting XMaybebabyX:

How about some water?

BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:10 PM

um, yea there's NO WAY in hell I would not feed that child. That's probably why he's crying. He's probably to hungry to sleep, therefore tired and cranky. 

XMaybebabyX
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:14 PM
Omg poor kid! Can u tell ur friend this, or is she really that stubborn? I would def feed him!

Quoting Anonymous:

I gave him water and milk. I think this baby is hungry for something a little heavier than that. I have no idea when was the last time he actually had solids.  He's been with me since 6:00 and it is now 9:00. He can barely keep his eyes open but he does not want to fall asleep on his own. He's wants to be held.

Quoting XMaybebabyX:

How about some water?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Exactly! As soon as my daughter was able to eat solids, she barely wanted the milk anymore. So I can imagine how he must feel.

*stepping away from the laptop to see what I can mash up for this baby*

Quoting BamaMommy2:

um, yea there's NO WAY in hell I would not feed that child. That's probably why he's crying. He's probably to hungry to sleep, therefore tired and cranky. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:19 PM

You know how we mother's can be. I joked with her about it last week telling her avoid developing bad habits like holding him all the time. She's just laughed.  Judging by how he's acting this evening I see my words meant nothing.  

I gave him some bananas. Next week I'll have some Gerber in the cupboard waiting for him. 

Quoting XMaybebabyX:

Omg poor kid! Can u tell ur friend this, or is she really that stubborn? I would def feed him!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting XMaybebabyX:

How about some water?

BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:31 PM

I'm glad that you are fixing to feed him. I think he will be a MUCH happier baby after he gets some food in his tummy! :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Exactly! As soon as my daughter was able to eat solids, she barely wanted the milk anymore. So I can imagine how he must feel.

*stepping away from the laptop to see what I can mash up for this baby*

Quoting BamaMommy2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:33 PM

He's sleep!!!!!! AHAHAHA. I know what to do next week.

MooreBoysMama
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Love it. But now he won't sleep for his Mama and she's gonna be mad............

You are gonna get it.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)