Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Playdate

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
Hey guys I have playdates come over quite often. They are 2 year olds. There is one kid who keeps taking a toy back home and never brings it back. Is it rude for me to ask the parent to return the toys.its small stuff like toddler kitchen utensils or fake cupcakes but it's part of a set .what do u think?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Lainee21106
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:21 PM
It's yours. Ask for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anotherhalf
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Ask for them.  I'm surprised the parent hasn't brought them back on her own. 

dreamer_8291
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:24 PM
No it's not rude to ask for it back. He should know that it's not his toy to take home. Maybe the parents don't know so I'm sure if you explain it to them they will bring back the toys. At least you'd hope so.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:24 PM

why let him take it, in the first place? i'd ask for it back, or remind them that he has parts of the kitchen set

lovemysnugbugs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:27 PM
No it's not rude. And from now on I probably would just tell the child that they can't take toys home but they can play with them next time they come over.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:36 PM
Yeh it's kinda awkward because the child quickly grabs a toy at the door and i don't know if I should run to her and ask for it back especially when the mom sees wat the child did. I hope it's not pety
DomoniqueWS
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Its not rude, just call or something and say you noticed it but didn't want to bother the parent on ther way out, but you'd appreciate them being brought back

kathienpb
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:41 PM
That's not petty and if the mom sees it why doesn't she do something about it? I mean seriously...does the child grab things when they stop at the mall or the grocery store on the way out too? You have every right to ask for it back. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)