Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Spanking at school.

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 1:27 AM
  • 67 Replies
4 moms liked this
In 11th grade (which wasn't that long ago for me) my first day at a private school I was sent home with a slip for my parents to sign saying if the school could implement corporal punishment. And then my 12th grade year I got one when I went back to public school. My mom didn't sign them and I won't sign them for my kids. I was surprised that schools still even did that. My SO went to the same private school and he got "paddled" quite a few times. I think it's pretty ridiculous to do that at any age, let alone be doing it to young adults in high school. My moms words were if anyone is going to spank my kids, then it's going to be me. I don't think anything less of people who spank. I don't, and I don't plan to, but my dd is only 6 months old so we don't implement much discipline. But if parents are going to spank then I think that they are the only ones who should do it to their kids. Not some teacher or principal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 1:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momo77
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 1:29 AM
Omg no and I've never heard of a school doing that!!
melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2012 at 1:30 AM

No adult had better lay a hand on my kids or they will have a paddle shoved up their a**.  When my mom was in 4th grade a teacher paddled a little girl and ended up injuring her spinal cord.  She is still paralyzed to this day.

MOMMY2ACR
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2012 at 1:41 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlyBren
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Thankfully it's outlawed up here. DD doesn't go to school anyway, so no, she doesn't get hit at home either.

Angelovekisses
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2012 at 1:49 AM
Nope my son`s school does not have it and if they did there is no way another adult would land a hand on him. I do not even spank him and he is going to be 7 years old. With him my voice does more than a spanking would.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Strawberry-
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 1:57 AM

They don't do that here.

rancharobeans
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Wow, didn;t think that was around anymore... what kind of private school was this? surprised me for sure

eviesmom453
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2012 at 2:00 AM
Not in this state
hollydaze1974
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 2:04 AM
my son's elementary school always sent a yes or no form about corporal punishment, I always marked no they couldn't yet I got a call in third grade griping about his lack of doing work and could they paddle him? WHAT? I said no and I meant it...I told her no that ISS was sufficient and ask to speak to my son....we pretended he was getting a talking to, but I knew he was adhd, but chose a different course of action that year. I knew that he would get work completed in ISS and he did. I was appalled that they actually called to ask if they could spank when I had already said "no". But I signed no such form for middle school and reading the punishment guidlines, corporal punishment is not used....they go from parent dicussion to ISS to out and out suspension. I can't imagine paddling a young adult, that's just idiotic.
GirlWSlingshot
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 2:05 AM

There are actually states where it's legal for public schools to use it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)