Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
In 11th grade (which wasn't that long ago for me) my first day at a private school I was sent home with a slip for my parents to sign saying if the school could implement corporal punishment. And then my 12th grade year I got one when I went back to public school. My mom didn't sign them and I won't sign them for my kids. I was surprised that schools still even did that. My SO went to the same private school and he got "paddled" quite a few times. I think it's pretty ridiculous to do that at any age, let alone be doing it to young adults in high school. My moms words were if anyone is going to spank my kids, then it's going to be me. I don't think anything less of people who spank. I don't, and I don't plan to, but my dd is only 6 months old so we don't implement much discipline. But if parents are going to spank then I think that they are the only ones who should do it to their kids. Not some teacher or principal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 1:27 AM
Replies (61-67):
mylovey
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:30 AM

It has been illegal in my state since the 80's, thankfully. 

Mommy to a sweet little princess named Saylor, and due with our second little one around July 28th. 

BabyFruit Ticker

mylovey
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:33 AM

And in my state private schools are also not allowed to use corporal punishment. 

Mommy to a sweet little princess named Saylor, and due with our second little one around July 28th. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:11 PM
When I was a kid they did spank in school. But I had told a friend they need to start doing this again, she said kids today, would take paddle and beat principal
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OkieMom2673
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:40 PM
Its legal in Oklahoma.
LoriaAnn
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:43 PM

i spank...and i agree with your mom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:35 PM
No way, what if the spanker was a closet perv?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:36 PM

personally i think they should bring it back, too many bad ass kids whose parents think they are little angels.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)