Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Responders to car accidents - how can they do it?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

This isn't a confession - just a question. I just read a reply from someone who said she is a medic so it made me think to ask this here. What I  have always wondered is how medics, police officers, and firemen can stand to respond to horrible car wrecks. Everytime I see one in the news, I think about the people responding and what they are dealing with.How can they be so strong? It must be terrible! 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
brendens_mommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:55 AM

I do it. im a volunteer fire fighter and used to work as an EMT. I dont know how i do it, i just do. I like the fact that i can help when people need it. It is my way of giving back in the community. 

I can honestly say its not for every one. it takes a certain person to be able to handle it

Danita42
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I worked with the PD for 3 years and its not for everyone. For me like the other person said I just did it and reacted to help. I remember the very first crash I went and will never forget it, I will just say it was head on and one driver was drunk. I remember the really bad ones but it has tought me to be safe in everything I do.
Loril420
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:04 AM

I have no clue, but I thank them. I sit for a paramedics kids and there are times he'll pick them up, and you can just see he had an awful time. so sad

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:29 AM

I am very grateful for strong people like you. thank you

Quoting brendens_mommy:

I do it. im a volunteer fire fighter and used to work as an EMT. I dont know how i do it, i just do. I like the fact that i can help when people need it. It is my way of giving back in the community. 

I can honestly say its not for every one. it takes a certain person to be able to handle it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:33 AM

My nephew is a cop who responded to a wreck where a little girl was killed. It tore him up to no end. (That might be southern slang!)  I don't think I would be able to get over it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)