Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm so excited-I just can't hide it.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
Although we are only getting $8,000 back for our tax return (normally we get $10,000), I can finally get my damn eye glasses! My eyes are so bad, but my insurance sucks, and I refused to pay $300 for glasses. I know I could have gone to Walmart or something and got them for cheap, but their glasses are just that, cheap. That's the only big thing we are buying. The rest has to go into savings, as it's part of our summer funds since my DH an I have the summer off (both teachers).
It really sucks though, that they take over $20,000 out of my husbands check alone for state/fed taxes (and retirement, which is for our benefit of course), and that's all we see back. But at least we don't have to pay. We were worried that we would get less than that back, and then we'd be in trouble. Normally we have a decent savings, but this year we are down to $12,000, and that's not enough to support us for three months. I'll probably pick up a part time summer job this year, since I'm only part time during the year, and that way I can just pay off my car early, and that will be one less bill. The damn state keeps takin more and more from us, pretty soon we will be teaching for free, if school is still around! We got one week of furlough this year, and rumor has it, next year they are adding 3 weeks more of furlough! Sheesh! Don't they know we have families to take care of, and bills to pay!!! Yet the damn big Whigs are making $160,000 a year! Must be freaking nice!

Ok - thanks for reading and listening :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:17 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:18 AM
Your tax returns make mine look like pennies. Lol Well congrats on the glasses...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stickyfingers
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:18 AM
wow 8000? just...wow!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:20 AM
Goddamn. I wish I got 10k back in taxes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvcloudydays
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:21 AM

awww man, only 8 thousand? lol

i feel the same way, now we have money so I can get my dental work done. braces here I come! again... lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:21 AM
I buy my glasses online. I bought the last pair on sale for $13.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:21 AM
It is a lot- but with all the cuts our district got- its just enough get us through the summer. We've had no extra money to save so, we had to rely on hoping we'd get a descent amount.

Quoting Anonymous:

Your tax returns make mine look like pennies. Lol Well congrats on the glasses...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)