Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

today I slapped my 2yr old ds! my confession.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 210 Replies
Ok before I get bashed heres a little back story... I am a sahm and last night I finallu went to sleep around 2,am not by choice. this morning I woke up at 6am to take dh to work. so I was running on little sleep and my son was at his worst behavior. he kept yelling and throwing toys. I had already gotten frustrated so I decided to sit on the couch and try to think of a happy thought in hopes that my frustration would go away when suddenly I felt a toy hit my face! I snapped and with out thinking I had slapped my son! I felt horrible I have never even spanked him before. He began to cry and I started to cry with him. I hugged him then appologized but whats done is done & I cant believe it. ok I had to say it before I burst with guilt & if I went anon is onlu because I am extremely ashamed of my actions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:44 AM
9 moms liked this
Weve all done things were not proud of. As long as he's ok, its fine, but don't do it again
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:45 AM
3 moms liked this
Shit happens
We have all done something we feel bad about
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsrollins
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:46 AM
19 moms liked this
You didn't beat him. I believe all Children need punishment. He was in the wrong for throwing it at you. I wouldn't have cried or hugged him because NOW he knows he can get away with it because you comfort him right after he did something bad. I believe this is why Children act the way they do is when their parents won't punish them or they do but turn around & comfort them such as this situation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:46 AM
thanks and no im not a single mom I thought sahm meant stay at home mom. am I wrong?

Quoting Anonymous:

Im sorry you feel bad for hitting your kid. But dont blame it on being a single mom. Suck it up. Lots of us are single moms.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:46 AM
thanks

Quoting Anonymous:

Weve all done things were not proud of. As long as he's ok, its fine, but don't do it again

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsrollins
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:47 AM
4 moms liked this
Really? She didn't beat her Son. Maybe he is acting like this because she doesn't spank him. Maybe he needs a spanking because however she "punishes" him isn't working. Try something else.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DeeDee_28
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:48 AM
Obviously you didn't read the post right.

Quoting Anonymous:

Im sorry you feel bad for hitting your kid. But dont blame it on being a single mom. Suck it up. Lots of us are single moms.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:48 AM
Oh shite! Its that last crack pipe I smiled....smoked...made mr loopy. Nope. Made me loopy. Not mr. I don't know mr. Sorry.

Quoting Anonymous:

thanks and no im not a single mom I thought sahm meant stay at home mom. am I wrong?

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NatesMyBoy
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:49 AM
2 moms liked this
We all feel bad about something as moms. Don't be too hard on yourself, you said this has never happened before. It's not a pattern with you. I know you feel bad, but he will be okay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I have never had to hit my son, because I think there's better ways of punishment, thus why my son is and has been well behaved

Quoting mrsrollins:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)