Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I MUST CONFESS!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:26 AM
  • 4 Replies
Ive just recently had my first period since my d&c & im ttc again, I will lose my mind if I dont get pregnant this cycle. It took 5 weeks for my cycle to return so anyone who has ever suffered a miscarriage..or a "blighted ovum" like I did, should be able to understand. Im so nervous, anxious..etc idk what I would do if my period came back on in march or I get a negative on a Ept. How can I ease this anxiety?
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
DomoniqueWS
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:29 AM

I don't know much about Miscarriages but I have heard you are supposed to wait something like 6 or 8 weeks for everything to heal.  Not sure though.  

Easing the anxiety?  Try to not stress over it, takea warm bath, get a massage from the SO, watch a moview you've seen but is still interesting enough to keep your attention....

Imperial.Sugar
by Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:34 AM

I have definitely been there and I can tell you from experience that if you are stressing this much over this it could definitely prolong things.  There is nothing greater than the loss of a baby or fetus for that matter.  I have experienced that loss but I also know that you need to take good care of yourself, relax and rest so you have enough strength and energy for when it actually does happen again.

Don't stress girl.  It will happen.  Just give your body and your mind time to heal.  

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:35 AM

The more you can relax, the better your chances.

Think of it this way:
Your body knows what it needs.  After my losses, the OB suggested waiting for 1 cycle, then go for it.  When my body was ready, it would happen.  So do your TTC, and keep in mind that it'll happen.

Other things to try
You know you are planning a baby, so keep planning!  Think of nursery designs for boys and girls, dream about the kind of birth you hope to have, etc.  Positive thinking can really help influence a positive outcome!

Keep acting pregnant.  It can be tempting to indulge in a drink or something to relax those nerves, but if you keep your body as healthy as can be, you are doing all you can for that baby to be.

Keep the sex fun!  Don't make it a chore.  They say have sex every other day, and when you start ovulating have it every day for a week.

Don't buy any tests, and if you have them, put them aside.  You'll waste a lot of money and stress out over a lot if you feel the urge to take a test daily.  So wait until your next cycle should begin to start testing if you can.

Good luck!  I was able to get pregnant after my D&C the very month following my cycle.  Almost 9 months now!

Kiramommy08
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:58 AM
Thank you ladies...think fertility tests will me with the ovulation?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)