Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I called my son a little fu**er today...UPDATE...

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:41 AM
  • 334 Replies
1 mom liked this
My older kids are 17 (inherited from first marriage ) and soon to be 14 (bio son first marrige). We also have a 6mo (current marriage) I work 3rd and dh works 2nd so needless to say I don't get sleep. My oldest is doing horrible in school, and just got kicked off wrestling team. My 14oldest y/o still wrestles and is doing so/so in school. Both kids have computers, gaming systems, tvs, and cell phones. Yes, they are spoiled! They both have their own rooms, I keep the baby in with me. Due to my eldests grades he has lost most of his privileges. This is what I expect of them...oldest has to clean up dog poop in yard every other day and put dishes away. Middle has to empty cat box and load dishwasher. Both take trash out. On sat night if niether have plans (oldest is grounded because of grades) I need them to watch the baby for 3 to 4 hours so I can sleep before work. If the baby gets fussy or needs to be fed (I still bf) I expect them to bring the lil one back into me. So tonight at the two hour mark EXACTLY (asked them to watch baby for "couple hours") They bring the baby back into me. My oldest goes right to his room and locks and closes his door. I asked my middle one what the heck was going on, the baby was happy and not hungry, why are you bringing him back? I get, "he's your baby" followed by him banging on his brothers door yelling "we have to take the baby, mom wont watch him" I snapped! I yelled back, "look you little fucker, bring him back..." any way I then went off on how little I expect and how I get even less...ugggh!!
My oldest then says "when ihave a baby ill dump him off on you" I then said to him, "I raise you by choice and work so you and your brothers can have extra" he then called me a shitty mom. So I retorted back with, "im the only one you have because your bm left YOU with ME"...I feel like shit about this, I am over tired and I need to go to work now...ITS NOT LIKE I ASK THEM TO BABYSIT SO I CAN BAR HOP!

UPDATED:

After talking to my kids and apologizing for the things I said they said they were upset because they wanted to play video games and my eldest didn't even hear what I said...when I said I was sorry he asked for what. When I told him he laughed and said he was more mad about usage controls on his phone because of grades.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow. Your older kids sound like a mess. Good luck
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:46 AM
23 moms liked this

Your baby is not your kids' responsibility to "watch".  Unless you pay them, raise your kid yourself.  I cannot STAND to watch parents force older kids to watch their babies.  Just like if it was your first and only child, you get up when the baby is up.  You need to grow up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:47 AM
wow good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kiminsean
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:47 AM
He didn't say "you're a shitty mom" it was "good mom you are" loaded with sarcasm. 13 almost 14 yo has been crying because I called him a little fucker...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Queen_Bree
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:49 AM
13 moms liked this

When a family is a family everyone needs to pitch in and help! I think they maybe feeling a little jealous. TALK to your children. Obviously you love them and want the best for them but sometimes it is hard for kids to see the whole picture. Have a Mom and son night. Take them out for pizza and talk... let them tell you how they feel and you tell them how you feel. tell them that you need their help and you know it isnt their baby but if you are a family it is their responsibility to step up when another in in need. I wish you the best!

juicebox.
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:50 AM
2 moms liked this

"im the only one you have because your bm left YOU with ME"...I feel like shit about this

Yeah I'd feel like shit about that too.  Sounds like you are waay too stressed tho.  And if they're 17 7 14 they can help out a lot more than what you ask of them.  Idk, whats said has been said, you all need a time out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:51 AM
That sucks. Idk what to say
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AphroditesCurse
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:52 AM
3 moms liked this
You aren't asking a lot of them, they sound like spoiled brats
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mychele
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:54 AM
1 mom liked this
What.a mess ! If you don't know what you did is wrong then you shouldn't be raising them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charliebean
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:55 AM
13 moms liked this

No big deal. Every kid in my family got called a little fucker at least a million times growing up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)