Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't get it

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 88 Replies

for those of you who believes in "God"  do you also believe in Santa Clause, Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy? these are all things that weren't proven to exists. did you see any of them with your own eyes? if not, what makes you believe in something you never seen?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mitchiesgirl
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:13 AM
3 moms liked this
People have faith in what they believe- and some feel they do have evidence of what they believe. If it makes them happy, what is it really hurting anyone?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bitchess
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:14 AM
3 moms liked this

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:15 AM

Quoting Bitchess:

aww thanks for the award (hugs)

Mrs_Incredible
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:21 AM
4 moms liked this

It's called faith.  I believe what I believe.  I'm not going to force it down anyone's throat, but I think that those who do not believe have not felt God's power (as I believe it to be) for themselves.  

lovemyairman150
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:22 AM
7 moms liked this
This is very disrespectful. Not that you asked why and how we believe, but that you're comparing our faith to creatures such as the Easter bunny and tooth fairy. I don't have "an imaginary friend." i have a very REAL savior in Jesus Christ. We all have freewill to believe what we like, but I would ask you to please not make such a joke out of something so precious and dear to millions of people. Whether it be God, Buddha, Allah, Pagan gods and goddesses...whoever or whatever we believe in holds more meaning in our lives and hearts then some chocolate bunny.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:23 AM
2 moms liked this

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:27 AM

wow it was just a simple question

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:29 AM

Quoting mitchiesgirl:

People have faith in what they believe- and some feel they do have evidence of what they believe. If it makes them happy, what is it really hurting anyone?

I really appreciate you answering my question. thank you

lovemyairman150
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:30 AM
1 mom liked this
With a huge photo at the bottom clearly stating your views. Not to mention comparisons to mythical creatures as if they are on the same level. That took away the genuine curiosity and made it into a joke.

Quoting Anonymous:

wow it was just a simple question

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs_Incredible
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:32 AM

I went through a period in life where I TRULY questioned my faith.  I wasn't sure whether or not I believed in God and didn't truly understand what it meant to have a connection with Christ.  I have said the same thing in the past and it was not in jest, it was a matter of REALLY understanding how you can believe in something with no proof.  I don't think it's meant to be disrespectful as much as she doesn't understand why we believe the way we do and is curious as to "what makes us tick" as Christians.  

Quoting lovemyairman150:

This is very disrespectful. Not that you asked why and how we believe, but that you're comparing our faith to creatures such as the Easter bunny and tooth fairy. I don't have "an imaginary friend." i have a very REAL savior in Jesus Christ. We all have freewill to believe what we like, but I would ask you to please not make such a joke out of something so precious and dear to millions of people. Whether it be God, Buddha, Allah, Pagan gods and goddesses...whoever or whatever we believe in holds more meaning in our lives and hearts then some chocolate bunny.

Full time mom, part time vegetarian!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)