Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my husband is really disappointing me

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:20 AM
  • 16 Replies
I am really disappointed in my husband's behavior lately. We are moving very soon.. literally in 4 days so of course we have a ton of things to go. A couple weeks ago he had a ton of time off from work and I ask him why don't he go ahead and get some stuff done.. like clean the back yard, give out the awards to the establishments that he has awards for, and just do the touch ups around the house that need to be done. Instead he says no he doesn't feel like it and he will do it later. Well now we are 4 days away from leaving and nothing that he need to do is done. He sits there and play video games and watch tv all the time. And when I remind him to go do stuff he ignore me and tell me to leave it alone. We have a lot of necessary things to do the next couple days.. things that absolutely not be put off and I don't know how in the world he's gonna get the other stuff done. As for touch ups around the house, I took it upon myself to do most of them whenever I can. I sold everything that needed to be sold and I packed everything as needed. I feel like he's acting like a 16 year old entitled brat when he's a 36 year old with tons of responsibilities. It's really bothering me. If he doesn't do anything today I will definitely let him know what a disappointment he has been to me lately. It may be harsh but he need to get his act together.

I needed to vent and get this off my chest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:23 AM
3 moms liked this
Wow! I can feel your frustration. Have you packed up the tv and game system? That way he has nothing to distract him or use as an excuse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tth328
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:26 AM
We are active military so the military pay a company to pack and move all our stuff. They will be packing everything up on Tuesday and load it Wednesday so no, the tv and ps3 are still there. I just don't know what his problem is.

Quoting 3xangel:

Wow! I can feel your frustration. Have you packed up the tv and game system? That way he has nothing to distract him or use as an excuse.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:34 AM
Oh ok. I still think you should box the tv and game system and then let the movers repack it if they have/ need to. Idk what his problem is either, but he needs to step it up! Maybe he needs a swift kick in the butt to get back on track. Where are you guys moving to?

Quoting tth328:

We are active military so the military pay a company to pack and move all our stuff. They will be packing everything up on Tuesday and load it Wednesday so no, the tv and ps3 are still there. I just don't know what his problem is.

Quoting 3xangel:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tth328
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:36 AM
Okinawa, Japan. We are actually gonna drive from CA to FL to visit families along the way first. Then from FL fly out to Japan in March.

Quoting 3xangel:

Oh ok. I still think you should box the tv and game system and then let the movers repack it if they have/ need to. Idk what his problem is either, but he needs to step it up! Maybe he needs a swift kick in the butt to get back on track. Where are you guys moving to?

Quoting tth328:

Quoting 3xangel:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bballallstar
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Wow I guess they really dont grow up video games espn all that I definitly know where your coming from and I'm sorry..You should definitly tell him hes a disappointment to you because thats rediculious he should help you out! Srry but I had to make a comment  good luck!

reindeergames
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:41 AM

It's something that a lot of men do (not all) but a lot. One of the reasons why I just broke up with my ex, he would wait until the very last minute to do anything & everything. Drove me down right bonkers to have to ask all the time for things to get done then he'd say I was nagging him. How about growing up & getting shit done. If you get it done now you can play video games later, duh then you have peace of fucking mind. 

mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:41 AM

my dh is the same way.  only i was pregnant when i was packing and moving furniture. and my pregnancy was high risk.  but in defense of my dh he does have mental retardation and doesnt think about things the way u and i would

reindeergames
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:43 AM

OP your going to Japan! Wow that actually is kind of cool to go see someplace else! Hope that you guys have fun over there. 

3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:45 AM
We're in Japan :-). Okinawa is about 2 hours away from us. It's beautiful and overwhelming at the same time.

Quoting tth328:

Okinawa, Japan. We are actually gonna drive from CA to FL to visit families along the way first. Then from FL fly out to Japan in March.

Quoting 3xangel:

Quoting tth328:

Quoting 3xangel:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vanityrayne
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:46 AM

ugh im so sorry,id kick my hubby in the ass weeks ago LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)