Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what i spent my foodstamps ADD LINKS WITH TIPS :)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 867 Replies
39 moms liked this

these are the sites I use

Fruits and Vegetable Recipes - Allrecipes.com

Meals For You: Recipes With Vegetables

editwhere i got my butternut sqaush recipe (i simply barrow any ingredents from my fil since he lives in the house over lol)

Butternut Squash Bread | My Baking Addiction

eggplant cassarole

Eggplant Casserole Recipe | Taste of Home Recipes

where my love of juicing started

Fat Sick and Nearly Dead | a Joe Cross Film

Fruit & Vegetable Nutrition

Fruits & Veggies More Matters ยป Fruit & Vegetable Nutrition

how your plate SHOULD look

Downsize portions for better weight control | Concord Weight Loss Center

why veggies and fruits are better

im off to make dinner. butternut squash bread, with eggplant cassarole and some yummy fruit pops for desert mmmmmmmmmm

my husband was shot at work a little over a month ago, i work from home but he brought in the bulk he is currently out of work for recovery. if i could get a second job i would but then id be paying daycare which i have priced and the cheapest is $600 a week (unless i want to take them to the "gheeto"sp? and run down paret of town..yea no). i do buy grains, pastas, ect this was from one shoping trip. im not a saint i eat crap food to. this is not a hey look at me its a hey not everyone on fs eats junk like every post in here seems to claim. we are all very healthy, we do eat meats i just have not gone to the farm to purchase any.  there are a million recipes if you just look hard enough!, my fridge is not staged, i have ocd and it always looks like that, i like having things where i can easily get them. we do our own juices, we get fresh milk and other dairy from local farms, but my fil goes out of town every now and then and will give us things like milk, bread, produce, and other things that he thinks will go bad before he gets back. and we plan to be off pa within a couple months.

and as requested

thank my 2yo for the lovely pain job lol. the cola was bought in dec, it was the discontinued white cans and hubs thinks it will be worth somthing someday (hes a colector), valentine treats for the kids, grandpa and daddy, and rice. 

oh no my cheezenip stash and white cheapo bread! sorry i dont turn down free stuff from grandpa lol

HERE YA GO :)

thats only $50 for all those veggies and thats a week - 2 week worth of food! lots of possibilities :)

not everyone buys junk :)

what do youusually buy with fs?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MoPain
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:35 AM
12 moms liked this

Food

KeepJeep
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:36 AM
5 moms liked this
Yum! Your fridge is looking good! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mylovey
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:39 AM
17 moms liked this

Awesome! Not that I think those on food stamps need to buy certain foods, but it is nice to see anyone making better food choices.

Mommy to a sweet little princess named Saylor, and due with our second little one around July 28th. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:39 AM
36 moms liked this

I stock up on all the stuff for the kids, their juice, breakfast foods, snacks for school,etc. then i buy the expensive items like meat, cheese, vegies.

This sight makes me so mad sometimes. not all people on pa live on doritos and mt. dew

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:40 AM
9 moms liked this

people think it costs alot to eat healthy but its really not and it makes you feel great! plus once the weather warms up you can use the seeds and buds from anything plants you buy at the store to plant in a garden and have FREE food! what ever happend to just living off the land lol

oh and for anyone else we do drink pop every few months and have the occasional bag of chips ;)

Quoting KeepJeep:

Yum! Your fridge is looking good! :-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:41 AM
5 moms liked this

yup :) so true! i thought this group needed a post like this ;) were not all lazy fatties eating moon pies...althgouh i do enjoy my moon pies (its my birthday treat but i buy it with my own money lol)

Quoting Anonymous:

I stock up on all the stuff for the kids, their juice, breakfast foods, snacks for school,etc. then i buy the expensive items like meat, cheese, vegies.

This sight makes me so mad sometimes. not all people on pa live on doritos and mt. dew

LyTe684
by Emerald Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:42 AM
9 moms liked this
I completely forgot what this post is about... Now, I'm hungry. Thanks. Lol

And thank goodness I spell checked before hitting Add Reply.. LMAO.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

thank you! i wish more people made better choice in general as well! i see so many complain they have headaches and are tired and yada yada but they never relealise its their diet as well!

Quoting mylovey:

Awesome! Not that I think those on food stamps need to buy certain foods, but it is nice to see anyone making better food choices.

RhondaVeggie
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:43 AM
10 moms liked this
Just waiting for the idiots who can't read price tags to chime in whining that they don't get food stamps and need to live off of expensive processed crap instead of buying real food. Makes a nice change to see someone around here who realizes that real food is the better buy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:43 AM
2 moms liked this
Looks yummy! I have a taste for caramelized carrots now. We're not on fs, but I like to buy lots of fresh fruits and veggies, too. I like cooking everything from scratch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN