Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if your husband or so edit

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:47 AM
  • 29 Replies
Was an alcoholic, would you bring alcohol into the house? .... What if your so was addicted to junk food and was unhealthy, overweight and wanted to change? Would you bring junk into the house?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChunkyMonkey25
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

No.

MrsSamMerlotte
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:47 AM
For the record, neither I or dh have issues with alcohol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemysnugbugs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:48 AM

No.

Mazie0723
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:48 AM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:48 AM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spastic_poodle
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Heck no
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
destiny2nv
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:49 AM
Um no, but I probably wouldn't have a choice in the matter seeing that alcoholics must have alcohol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vanityrayne
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:50 AM

NO WAY!! We dont drink anyways unless we have a glass of wine or i cook with it. We love sweet red wine. But with his career (police officer) theres no way..we try not to. We arent big drinkers anyways. Neither are our families..but why tempt someone by bringing it in the house?

whimsyjuggalett
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:50 AM

no

RhondaVeggie
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:55 AM
It would depend on the individual. Some recovering alcoholics just can't be around it at all to the point where they can't go to restaurants that serve booze. Others can sit opposite someone drinking without trouble, especially after they've been clean for a good while. Others might have triggers like finding whiskey very tempting but having no interest in beer for example.

I've known all types from people who would literally grab a half finished drink from an unattended table to people who can serve it to others and never take a sip. There are different levels of addiction and different levels of recovery. If I had a guest coming and I knew they had an issue with drink but I didn't know their level I'd be sure the house was clean but I'd know my spouses tolerance and go by that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)