Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am the "other woman"...smh

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 0 Replies

Before you pass judgement, please understand that this is 100% against EVERYTHING that I believe in and that I hate this situation. I just want things to work, one way or the other. 

A few months ago, my DH (common law) decided that he was no longer happy with our children and I. This came as a complete and total shock; the day before his choice to leave, we took the kids to the zoo and had an incredible day, together. Anyway, that's not the issue, here.
Shortly after DH and I separated, I ran into an old friend from high school. He was in the middle of a messy marriage and mine had just fallen apart. As old (best) friends, we began talking and turning to each other for advice. Within a short period of time, he began making it a point to see me and my kids at least once a week. It was not until yesterday that I received a text message saying that he was filing for divorce on Monday morning. SMH --- I had no idea he was still married. I thought that he was already in the whole process but I'm not totally sure that even THAT would make this okay. 
Over the past few weeks, my kids and I have gotten really close to him...their Dad hasn't made efforts to even speak to them, much less help and this man has done EVERYTHING for them that they could want/need, in just 3 weeks time.

I know, I know...if he has "another woman" now, who is to say that he won't do the same to me. BLAH! This is incredibly out of character for him. I know known him since we were in middle school and I have NEVER seen him do something like this, EVER!! He is such a good man but I feel so guilty for feeling this way.
What have I gotten myself into. Sigh... 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)