Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

obsessed about my work email being monitored

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:41 AM
  • 8 Replies

I recently started to think that my work email could be monitored and I am so obssessed about it.

I have never talked trash about mu supervisors and I have not sent mass messages or anything like that.

However, now that I am on a leave and the person taking my job for 2 months is not responing at all, I am thinking that maybe my messages are being monitored.

I know there is nothing I can do about it.

I understand employers have the right to monitor your messages

It only means I need to be careful

It is a comonay of more than 150 employees.I doubt that the executive director would actuallly monitor all employees messages.

Am i being obsessed?

thanx

Tana 

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
auroragold
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:41 PM

If you're WORRYING about it - while on leave - then yes, you are obsessing.

Even though one KNOWS that email through work isn't private - it does feel like a violation when someone goes through it. I get that.

And the Exec Director wouldn't be the one to monitor - it would be your IT department.  Also,they'd probably just use a program for buzz words and websites rather than read individual messages (unless warranted)

Tana13us
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:45 PM

you might be right

bookmommy
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:47 PM

In most companies everything you do is monitored and kept records of by the IT dept. I think it's to CYA when the company needs to fire someone though. They don't necessarily look at it all unless they need to.

kathienpb
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:50 PM
If you don't do anything inappropriate then you don't need to worry :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:50 PM

I used to work for a social service agency............. I had two coworkers who bashed/complained about our boss through e-mail............ they were caught, reprimanded and suspended for a full week without pay.  And both ended up quitting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Well, its a simple solution.  Do not send any type of email through your work email, that could be considered unprofessional or inflammatory.

Tana13us
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:58 PM

I think I am only going too far in my mind,The temporary person asked me some questions, I responded. Then I never heard back from her.m supposed to pick up from where she left and I thought communicating with her was ok.

But now it has been 2 weeks and she never responded so I am not sure what is going on.

I can't push her to respond and I dont want to comlain to our supervisor that she  does not respond.

Who knows..maybe she gets to stay and we end up working together so it is an odd situation 

brocksmom3
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:21 PM
If you didn't send anything bad, then you have nothing to worry about, at all. If its bothering you so much that you havent heard back from your fill-in, give her a call tomorrow, and ask her what you emailed her over the phone, to ease your mind.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)