Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My confession about weight loss (please don't laugh)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

I confess that when I would see advertisements for weight loss programs such aas Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, etc. and it would say "results not typical"...............

I truly thought that meant, that typically, even if you follow the diet exactly and do everything correctly, you typically won't lose that much weight as the success stories. I seriously thought that.  I now know that "results not typical" means that is for people who did not follow the diet like they were supposed to!!!

I also thought that when people would say "I tried this diet but it didn't work" or "that diet didn't work for me"
that they followed the diet exactly but they could not lose the weight. I know now that when they say that they really mean they tried the diet but couldn't stick to it.

I seriously thought that there were some people that no matter how hard they tried or what they did, how much they exercised or how much dieting they did, they would always be overweight. Seriously.

That is why I was not too optimistic about losing weight.  But I have now lost almost exactly 50 pounts. Started at 180, now I'm 131.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marieu82
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:08 PM

congrats on the weight! how did you do it? i cant stick to anything i need to lose 50lbs still!

redbutterfly666
by Emerald Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:10 PM

i need to lose 50 pounds tell me your secret :O

BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Congrats on your weight loss! That's awesome!

Cochise
by Dawn on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:16 PM

I just dropped 58lbs myself....  feels soooooo much better ..doesn't it ? (:

Congratulations !!!!!!!!

Debalexxa
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:16 PM
Congrats in your weight loss :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:16 PM

THANKS!!! I lost some on nutrisystem, and the rest by counting WW points. Didn't pay for WW though, just found the info for free online :) Also, exercise. I work out 6 days a week at a gym. THANKS

Keeely07
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:18 PM
Awesome! How'd you do it? I got 50 lbs to lose too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuckyLisa88
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:23 PM

I had a big problem with my weight but thanks wlose.com I could change my body and my life.

www.wlose.com

Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:32 PM

How long did it take you to lose it? I need to lose 45lbs before my wedding in April of next year.

Ihereainti
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:33 PM
Wow!!! Congrats!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN