Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My confession about weight loss (please don't laugh)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I confess that when I would see advertisements for weight loss programs such aas Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, etc. and it would say "results not typical"...............

I truly thought that meant, that typically, even if you follow the diet exactly and do everything correctly, you typically won't lose that much weight as the success stories. I seriously thought that.  I now know that "results not typical" means that is for people who did not follow the diet like they were supposed to!!!

I also thought that when people would say "I tried this diet but it didn't work" or "that diet didn't work for me"
that they followed the diet exactly but they could not lose the weight. I know now that when they say that they really mean they tried the diet but couldn't stick to it.

I seriously thought that there were some people that no matter how hard they tried or what they did, how much they exercised or how much dieting they did, they would always be overweight. Seriously.

That is why I was not too optimistic about losing weight.  But I have now lost almost exactly 50 pounts. Started at 180, now I'm 131.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:05 PM
Replies (11-11):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:35 PM
I went to a place that advertised lose 20lbs for $20. I said that would be perfect...yeah right! There initial plan was on sale for $700! Plus $20 per 20lbs. But they told me their secret is eating more vegetable proteins bc they digest faster than animal proteins. I stopped eating red & fatty meat and lost 20lbs alone in a few months with no exercise.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)