Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to honestly know, do you choose favorites?Language

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:28 PM
  • 5 Replies

I fucking hate my sister. She is 16, and I just call her my "father's other daughter". She is a little cheer-leading bitch and has been ever since she started high school. She is stuck up and mean. I reached out to her one time after her not speaking with me for several years and I told her that I am still her sister and that I want to be there for her... and in return I got ripped a new asshole by her saying I was horrible for having a baby and all kinds of heartless things. She has no idea what my life has been like for the last 8 years. 

While my father alienated me, he still spoils her and they have pictures together at her prom... it makes me want to cry. I have ONE picture of us together... ONE. 

So, would you ever alienate one of your children while still loving another? Do you choose favorites? Under what circumstances would you totally alienate one of your kids?

"If you cannot accept me at my worst, you do not deserve me at my best."- Marilyn Monroe

If being a stubborn, opinionated, educated, headstrong, beautiful woman makes me a b!tch, so be it.

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Queen_Bree
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Nobody likes to admit that they have favorites but i think every parent has a child they favor over another for whatever reason. I think its ok. I do not think it is ok to alienate another because of it. 

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:36 PM
Our daughter is our favorite, because she's our only one. That's one of the reasons I don't want another. It would be terrible if I liked one over the other. That and because the labor is still fresh in my mind, not going to go through that ever again!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kngarber
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:37 PM

No, I can honestly say I love both of my children the exact same.  I always felt awkward growing up.  My dad didn't give a shit about me and my mom remarried and had two kids.  My oldest younger brother is a lot like you describe your sister.  I just have to distance myself and appreciate what I have.

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:38 PM

bump

Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:38 PM

I love all of my children the same and would do everything I could for each of them (I have four).  My second son's (he is three and a half) personality is my favorite.  My husband's favorite personality is our daughters (our only).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)