Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child Abuse *Update* Need advice

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
2 moms liked this

My husband and his brother were molested by their stepfather when they were children. He went to jail and got out and got re-married. Recently his new wife tried to friend request me on facebook. I sent her the below message. Am I wrong? Should I have worded it differently?

Mrs. X.

I do not know you personally but from your profile it would appear you are married to "X". I am not sure if you are aware but "X" molested my husband and brother-in-law when they were children. Our family does not need a reminder of events that have traumatized them for life. I respectfully ask that you and "X" not attempt to contact my family again. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
Sincerely,

Me

UPDATE

Here is Mrs. X''s response:

"Thank you for responding to me. Although I think your wrong, we Or I rather will not bother you again. God Bless you and your family"

Should I respond back. It kinda pisses me off that she is basically calling my husband and brother-in-law liars about the abuse they suffered at the hands of her husband. I am also concerned for the kids and grandkids she has. I am debating on sending her the link to him on the sex offender registry.

2ND UPDATE

My response:

I do not want to start drama but as a mother I feel obligated to show you the link from the sex offender registry (I put the link here). If you choose not to believe it then that is your choice but my concience is clear. I do apologize as this is an uncomfortable situation for us both. Thank you again for your understanding.

3RD UPDATE

Her response:

Hi, thanks for the info. I understand your concern. I can't pull this up at work but I will do so when I get home. I am aware of situation with your husband but I was unaware of the brother in-law account. I am so sorry If I opened old wounds. Anything you send me or tell me willl be appreciated and strictly between us. Again I am sorry and God bless you and your family.

I am not sure if I will say anything more. It sounds like she wants to know more about my brother-in-law's story but I am the first person he told. I will ask him if it is ok because I want her to know who her husband really is.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bri060492
by Emerald Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:49 PM
4 moms liked this

I think you were nicer then what I would have been.

MOMMY2ACR
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:50 PM
I probably would have denied the request and if she sent one again then I would've sent something like you did. But think it's sounds perfect. And people who have never met me or know me personally sending me friend requests bugs the crap out of me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
couponluv72
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:51 PM

sounds spot on 

stevens_mom2008
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:51 PM

much nicer than i would have been

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:52 PM

I think you were very polite and handled it very well.  I would have probably told her what an absolute pervert and sorry excuse for a human being she was married too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:53 PM

I just can't understand how if she knew then she would even try to contact us. If it had actually been him then I could not have been as nice.

iloveashton804
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:03 PM

I think it is very well worded. I would have done the same thing. I wonder if she will respond. I want to know what she says!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:06 PM

I will post her response if she sends one.

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Kudos on being polite about it!  I think you did a stellar job, myself.

CadesMum
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:08 PM
Way to go!! Does she know he's a child molester?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)