Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a Confession... I HATE people who smack their food!!! VENT

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:49 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

I work with this over weight guy and i swear he ALWAYS has to be eating something!!! And its gross bc when i come in with my lunch i will start to eat it and i cant even enjoy it bc hes over at his desk smacking and chomping down on his food, not to mention he can barely freaking breath when he eats so hes extremly loud and its just obnoxious!!! I have tried being nice about it by asking him if he could close his mouth when he eats, but we already dont get along as it is...Ugh why cant people have respect for other people when they are eating and close your mouth to chew your food??? Is it that hard other than the fact you have to eat it so fast that you cant even taste what your eating!!! Sorry about the rant....had to get it out!!

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
aidensmama721
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:52 PM

it bothers me too

loganboydsmommy
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:12 PM
I can't stand someone smacking. If someone around me is smacking it's like the only thing I can hear and it drives me nuts!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:15 PM

I hate that as well.  My DS, almost 4 now, has been experimenting with different ways of eating, and I swear sometimes I just want to grab the food right out of his mouth and tell him no more until he eats right!  But I restrain, and use my normal discipline.  *sigh*  I  have just learned to eat after him for now so I don't lose my appetite when he pulls a stunt.

Does your place of employment have a breakroom?  Can you eat in there?

kyrin2012
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Girl, you havent heard nothing till you hear this guy lol...I swear he could be the wrolds loudest eater haha

Quoting loganboydsmommy:

I can't stand someone smacking. If someone around me is smacking it's like the only thing I can hear and it drives me nuts!

kyrin2012
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Nope, our office is our breakroom unfortuantly :/ and im almost 8 months pregnant on top of it all, so i get really nausiated when i hear him eat his food...i try to not even look in his direction...You know how when little kids are young and they see that one kid is eating something and they want it to? Well this grown ass man is just like a little kid...I swear if i come into the office with something to eat, he immideatly gets up and goes to the vending machine and gets something to eat too...he will eat all day long if you let him...Its horrible!!

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

I hate that as well.  My DS, almost 4 now, has been experimenting with different ways of eating, and I swear sometimes I just want to grab the food right out of his mouth and tell him no more until he eats right!  But I restrain, and use my normal discipline.  *sigh*  I  have just learned to eat after him for now so I don't lose my appetite when he pulls a stunt.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Any chance you could talk to management about a different desk, an extra 15 mins to eat at the park/use the restroom, etc?  I mean, this man isn't doing anything *wrong* but it is rude and gross when people eat like that.  So if you have a good relationship up the chain, and considering the pregnancy, you could spin it off as your needs and avoid offending anyone for now.

If not, what about headphones?  If you're on lunchbreak can you listen to music or something at your desk?

Quoting kyrin2012:

Nope, our office is our breakroom unfortuantly :/ and im almost 8 months pregnant on top of it all, so i get really nausiated when i hear him eat his food...i try to not even look in his direction...You know how when little kids are young and they see that one kid is eating something and they want it to? Well this grown ass man is just like a little kid...I swear if i come into the office with something to eat, he immideatly gets up and goes to the vending machine and gets something to eat too...he will eat all day long if you let him...Its horrible!!

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

MDWife12
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:34 PM

OMG nothing will piss me off more than to hear someone chew with their mouth open....it is worse when they have gum and are smacking around their gum. It makes me want to punch the person in their face lol.

kyrin2012
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:42 PM

I usually dont come into work till 1230 which is around lunch time...I live about 50 minutes from my work so i usually dont have time to go in and eat somewhere, though i try to make time for this it doesnt always happen though, and its freezing outside right now to go eat anywhere outside...I have no where to really eat BUT in my office...and if i can, i try to eat outside of the office b4 the clients sit down to eat their lunch..its a small work place and usually crowded so it is hard to find a place to eat..

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Any chance you could talk to management about a different desk, an extra 15 mins to eat at the park/use the restroom, etc?  I mean, this man isn't doing anything *wrong* but it is rude and gross when people eat like that.  So if you have a good relationship up the chain, and considering the pregnancy, you could spin it off as your needs and avoid offending anyone for now.

If not, what about headphones?  If you're on lunchbreak can you listen to music or something at your desk?

Quoting kyrin2012:

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:08 PM
My husband eats horribly!! If he's watching tv or tired he smacks his food so loud. It's revolting. I get so mad and he apologizes but says he doesn't notice. He also has difficulty breathing from his nose so he tries to breathe while he eats. And the drinking. Dear God. He Gulps his drinks. I can't emphasize the word GULPS enough. You can hear it as though he's wearing a microphone. What's worse is he eats and drinks in bed. So I lay down and he's making all these noises. It's seriously disgusting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)