Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a nephew missing, but im not sure how to take it...

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:53 PM
  • 6 Replies

I have only met my step sisters once back when i was 19 and i am 28 now. well one of my step sisters son who is 16 has been missing since the end of january. I feel bad because im not having like a panic attack knowing he is missing. But it kinda hurts to know the family i have been wanting to get to know is having a heart breaking time looking for my nephew. Am i weird for feeling like this?? Is this normal to feel?? I have a picture of him from the day i met my step sisters. Im so confused right now.

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
GumDropDiva
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:54 PM
Did he run away?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
couponluv72
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:56 PM

I think your reaction is pretty normal. You have not seen your step sister in 9 years. The bond between you and her is very thin. and you have not had a connecntion/bond with your nephew either. You can be compassionate for what they are going through but it is perfectly normal for you to not be feeling overly emotional about it. my opinion

super_mom_5
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:57 PM

You know i really am not for sure. I havent really talked to my step sisters or step mom since the deal. I believe he did, it says on the flyer that he was last seen at his house and became missing after he admitted to using drugs.

whoda007
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:23 PM

I think that you're normal too sweetie. And sorry, hope they find him well and safe soon. GL!!!

Quoting couponluv72:

I think your reaction is pretty normal. You have not seen your step sister in 9 years. The bond between you and her is very thin. and you have not had a connecntion/bond with your nephew either. You can be compassionate for what they are going through but it is perfectly normal for you to not be feeling overly emotional about it. my opinion

wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Is he missing because he ran away or because he may have been abducted?

If it because he ran away, I doubt I would panic either

Ellijaymom
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Perfectly normal reaction

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)