Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Confession: I Married My Husband After 3 Weeks of Knowing Him

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:31 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

Indeed, I sure did.

We met online in May of 2008. After a few months of chatting and a few times of him standing me up, we FINALLY met face to face in August. The attraction was instant. We spent the night talking to each other and getting to know one another. Neither of us wanted the night to end. When it did, he asked me if I would be his girlfriend. I said yes. We hung out the next day and then I went to visit family in OH. I missed him like crazy. When I came home that Sunday, he came over and we had dinner and just hung out and enjoyed each other's time. He went home and, that night, before we went to bed, we talked to each other on phone and he kind of informed me we were getting married. I laughed and said okay.

3 weeks later, we went to the courthouse and eloped!

This year will make 4 years we've been together. In addition to my kids from a previous relationship (whom he loves and adores as his own and is in the process of adopting) we have a DD that will be 3 in August. We are still happy and madly in love!

We plan to renew our vows next year, for our 5th anniversary, so I can have a wedding.

Ask me anything, if you are curious.

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
couponluv72
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:32 PM

aww what a sweet story ! 

wittyscreenname
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Thanks! He's truly amazing.

ReD.RoCkEr
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:36 PM
That's awesome :) Congrats on finding your soul mate, lots of people never do!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wittyscreenname
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Thanks!

briesmomisback
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:37 PM
Awesome
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iloveashton804
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

That's so sweet. =) From the first day SO and I met, we have only spent one day apart, and my son was with him. He's about to leave for 4 days for work though, lol. I wish you guys many more wonderful years together!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Dh and i met online in April 08, met in person in may, moved in together in July 08, pregnant in Sept 08 and married march 09, DS was born Apr 09...5 weeks early
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured