Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

are you really a good teen mom if...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
You never finished high school, you got married and had another baby but you have never worked a day in your life...I don't think that's very responsible...what happens if he passes away or you get divorced? No diploma or job skills! Stupidity at its finest!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
couponluv72
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

whoa whoa whoa. a Teen mom who actually gets married and if the marriage is working out is NOT being a bad mom. Plenty of women do not work and their spouses do. Hopefully over time a teen mom in this situation will do things to improve her survival skills in case of exactly what you said

LoriaAnn
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:41 PM

eh...there are plenty of women who get maried right out of high school and become sahm"s. a high school diploma isn't worth very much these days, and a GED is quick and easy to get if necessary. i don't really see the difference.

mommy2b39465
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:43 PM

I don't see a problem with it, but once the children are old enough to let mommy do anything, I think she should try to continue her education

Mweddle
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:45 PM

I think being a good mother has little to do with money or education level.  I think you can be a good mom even if you are "stupid" and have no diploma or job skills. (quoting/paraphrasing here)  being prepared for future events is important, I agree but I disagree that you can't be a good (teen) mom if you don't have the skills or preparation for the future.

colleenzaqueen
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:45 PM
2 moms liked this

a mom is a mom regardless. 

This post is stupidity at its finest.

mom2b116
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:47 PM
2 moms liked this

militarywife09
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:49 PM
I was a teen mom, but I graduated high school, got married to my DD's father, and graduated College (3 days before dd 2 was born lol). I've worked 6 weeks my whole life. I'm looking for work now (kinda) but I don't want to start until DD 2 is 1 year old.

I do think no matter what age you are you need to set a good example for your kids, and at least finish high school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zianneaaliyah
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Life insurance?

bruyere123
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:51 PM
2 moms liked this
I think that goes for any mother. Not just teen moms
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

i was a teen mom, i graduate high school (on time) and even got in a year and some months of college. I've been working since i was 13 soooo yep i have job skills lol though it doesnt take very much brains to get a job. Just good people skills and a willingness to learn. just sayin 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)