Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you Keep him, or give him back? Brutal Honesty Please! Poll!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:44 PM
  • 55 Replies

Poll

Question: After reading story below, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Options:

No question, I'd call the owner asap

First I'd take care of the dog, feed him, and then think about it

Depends on how cute he really is....

If my kids wanted him, and DH and I loved him, we'd keep him.... after all, the owners let him get away...

Other... (please explain)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 115

View Results

It's been a mild winter.   But it's now a 30 F day, and starting to snow.  You see an adorable little dog in your yard, that appears to have been out in the cold for hours and hours....  It is shivering, shaking...  It's paws are frozen.    It is wearing a bandana, and a collar with tags,  current shots, and even has an address and phone number.    This dog is ADORABLE, AND SWEET.   You offer him a treat and he curls up on your lap... and completely melts your heart.    WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?

WHAT DO YOU DO?   

Our dog took off from our back yard on Friday at about 7 30 am... He never runs....  A neighbor saw him walking down the street, she chased him and said he bolted - running like crazy...  I immediately drove in that direction... but no luck... We've been searching ever since... We are all heartbroken...     Riding an emotional roller coaster.... Since Friday temps have sunk to the teens...  I thought I'd ask, would anyone REALLY keep him... and not call if they had him?  So, let me have it... some real honesty...   

(Just for clarification if my post is confusing, I haven't found a dog... I'm trying to get a feel for what people might do if they found our dog...)  We've got a million scenarios running through our heads and trying to hold on to hope... 

Thanks girls... 

• Bupkie..... 

• ~~~ My philosophy on sharing info is that it's just free info (not advice) so please take it or leave it.  If it fits great!  If not, leave it on the ground and dance on it for fun!!! :) ~~~   thank you
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angi07
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:45 PM
Call the owner.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inmybizz
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:47 PM

call the owner.

Ann7227
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:47 PM

When we find stray dogs we always call the owner. Once we had the same  dog come to our house twice from another neighborhood. lol If I lost my dog I would want that person to call me if they found my dog.

got2monsters
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Aww give him back. He has a family. But since y'all are happy with a puppy maybe check Out an adoption Center for dogs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikki32230
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:49 PM
If he had tags I'd call the owner, if not I'd post signs on the street the vet and the pound and if no one claimed him and he fit well into our family I would keep him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KyliesMom5
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:50 PM

There are people that would keep him. When I was a teen, My dog got lose and went for a swim. She decided to sun herself on someone's Deck and they fell in love with her.  We put up flyers, an ad in the paper and if it was not for their next door neighbor we probably would not have gotten our dog back. They even admitted that they had decided to keep her.  A few years later I had a class with one of the kids and I over heard her say "That girl stole my dog".  If it was me I would call but not everyone does.

Is your dog Microchipped? I would put flyers everywhere. I hope you find him.

Lostinindy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:50 PM
I would search hard for you. Our dog Jake jumped in the van in July. No tags, no collar, no microchip. We walked the neighborhood for 2 days. I posted on Craigslist, pet harbor/pet finder and ran an ad in the newspaper and since he's a dog that requires grooming I went around and asked all the grooming places if they knew him. I called all the local vets too. We never found his owner. It wasn't from lack of trying. He's got a forever home with us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikki32230
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:50 PM
Let me just add that I would try everything to get him back to his family, but I hate to see dogs go to the shelter...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Krystle21
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:50 PM
I'd call the owner
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:53 PM
Yes. If it's a sweet dog people will keep it. Happened to my sister. Hoping for the return of your pup. Next time make sure it's secured.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)