Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want him to go to jail for murder

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Back in 2010 my cousin's then gf went into early labor. The baby came at 27 weeks and was still born when she came out. My cousin turned to drinking to ease his pain. Last may he and a friend went out and partied. They left the bar drunk as shit. My cousin was driving down a road lost control of the car and hit a tree. My cousin came out alive. His friend flew out the windshield and landed under the truck. My cousin called 911 and when they got there the guy was doa and my cousin had a broken leg. The police charged him with a dui but now the prosecutor wants to charge him with murder.

I think he should be charged with it. He could of killed other people if they were on the road. He should of not been driving, his friend would still be alive if he didn't get behind the wheel. I know he was still greaving but he should of gotten help not turned to drinking. My cousin and I grew up together and I feel for him. What he did was wrong and he should pay for his crime.

I had a friend who did the same thing in 05. Got behind the wheel drunk but he wasn't so lucky. He hit a tree and flew from the windshield. He had a closed coffin at his funeral.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs_Incredible
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:06 PM

I don't think he can actually be charged with murder but vehicular manslaughter.  I think it's appropriate to escalate the charge.

BekkieBoodle
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:06 PM
I agree with you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
miss_lisa
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:07 PM
Agreed

Quoting Mrs_Incredible:

I don't think he can actually be charged with murder but vehicular manslaughter.  I think it's appropriate to escalate the charge.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcr17
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:09 PM

aint it weird how the drunk driver is always the one who survives the accident? its never the passengers.

ashellbell
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:09 PM
His friend CHOSE to get in the car under those circumstances. He should be charged with vehicular manslaughter but not murder.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whoda007
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Charge him with murder. A drunk killed someone I loved too. Beheaded him. He was 18!!!!! The drunk walked away from the accident.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:13 PM
I think I heard its because when people are drunk there obviously very clumsy and floppy that when their in an accident there body goes limp vise versa with a sober person they see the accident coming they tense up which causes more damage to that person.

Quoting mcr17:

aint it weird how the drunk driver is always the one who survives the accident? its never the passengers.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spicy_n_sweet
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:15 PM

I think in my state he would have been charged with "involuntary vehicular manslaughter" (vehicular homocide).

kavp84
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Quoting Mrs_Incredible:

Agreed

Mrs_Incredible
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:18 PM

There's actually research to support this. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I think I heard its because when people are drunk there obviously very clumsy and floppy that when their in an accident there body goes limp vise versa with a sober person they see the accident coming they tense up which causes more damage to that person.

Quoting mcr17:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)